Would you rather have ridiculously unbalanced and over powered items or bugs and quality of life issues fixed?

Which do you feel would make you more happy? To have unbalanced and overpowered weapons and builds or bugs and quality of life issues fixed?! Just a curiosity. What does the community want?

Quality of life fixes and changes would be amazing

4 Likes

I don’t care about op items give me the Qol anyday of the week.

5 Likes

Agreed give a use for eridium and cash fix split screen issues menu lag is still terrible xbox one xs still hard crash for no reason

2 Likes

Just to be clear. I don’t mean to be divisive or create a forum of invective. I only want to know the community’s opinion given the development team can only do so much at one time…which would your rather have them focus on?

As said quality of life regarding your question about builds etc people are always going to find ways to exploit a certain build run quality of life would benefit us all

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

I don’t get it. We’re complaining about strong gear now?

Also, you’ll find that in general these things are handled by different members of a development team. Or even different teams.

2 Likes

quality of life. Also, a poll would be better for this topic

4 Likes

The balancing will probably never be truly perfect and in my opinion, if you don’t want to exploit the game you don’t need to.
I’d rather have bugs fixed because those concern everyone.

4 Likes

fix all the bugs please. Balancing properly a bugged game is impossible anyway

3 Likes

The bugs are slowly disappearing for me on PS4. Menu lag is almost gone. The majority of soft-locks that happened EVERY TIME are gone. There were several areas where audio would glitch out, and I would only hear background noises and weapon reloads…also mostly fixed.

What this game really needs is global optimization. I play mostly on PS4 (gaming in bed is my shiz) but also have it on PC, and it doesn’t run very well on either. My PC is no slouch either. Just doesn’t run as well as it should, considering this is no Red Dead 2. FPS really matters with this type of game, and it needs to be tightened up a good bit. I’m not sure why this is so challenging to get done, but I went back to the Handsome Collection recently on PS4 and good god, 60fps lock felt like I was gaming in the future.

I’m honestly starting to doubt the future for this game. It seems with every announcement comes a collective groan from the community. BL2’s formula and timetable was such a massive success, I’m not sure why they’ve elected to go a completely different direction. Three levels? Not even enough to experiment with different builds. I’m taking a long break and will come back when the end game is available and clearly defined. Who knows? Maybe by then we’ll also have 2012 optimization?

1 Like

As cliched as it is, why not both? Have groups focussed on knocking out particularly tricky bugs, other groups looking at gear/stats, others planning and implementing events…

5 Likes

giphy

Over powered items serve the purpose of allowing players, that don’t normally succeed deep into your game, the ability to enjoy a larger portion of the game.

Quality of life issues are a higher priority. They usually take a larger amount of work compared to items. Items, you change the stats and you’re done. I believe the quality of life issues are more important.

5 Likes

You know the gaming industry is in a bad way when you have to ask this one option is would you rather have a functioning product lol

3 Likes

Yeah I’d be pretty happy if I could connect to others more than 20% of the time without my Xbox One X crashing

1 Like

I agree with this :100:.
However if I look at this in way that I can easily explain it seems more complicated than that. When companies design vehicles they have thousands of engineers all compartmentalized in their areas of expertise, these teams of engineers don’t communicate with each other. This causes parts to be crammed into places that they should have never been placed in to begin with. A few years later this causes failures and recalls, all because the person who created that part had no idea where it would be put or any other issues decisions about assembly caused.
Now to compare that to coding we have to apply quantum physics to the equation, to which I mean just because we do not see the reaction does not mean we did not get the reaction and that for every reaction we have there are others we did not. This is what caused skills like headcount to start glitching rampantly after a hotfix.
So if balancing the game actually creates more QoL issues I would not recommend they try to over achieve.

2 Likes

The latter for sure. As much as it is complained about online, having an unbalanced game does effect nearly as many people as Bugs and QoL do.

1 Like

I think the way the question was presented wasn’t the best

1 Like

For people saying both clearly missed the memo for a game to launch and run correctly you would expect people with a certain skill set to work the department the skill set is good for gbx are by no means a small brand so there will be people assigned to events people on bug/error issues people on how weapons and gear work so on and so you would expect this from a AAA game developing company they have the ability to do all of the above easily common sense should apply everything that has been said should be in a game of this scale

1 Like