WrestleMania Thread

Any wrestling fans on this board? Which matches are you guys looking forward to? I’m really into the Corbin/Ambrose feud and I think they’re going to work really well in a match together.

I’m also hoping for an El Dragon run-in.

The overall card is extremely weak this year and it’s a little irritating to be honest. Two matches, the feud build up has been lacking as ■■■■. Seth Rollins and Triple H for starters, Seth Rollins is suppose to be the face yet Triple H is down in Florida, posing with fans, taking pictures, being a huge babyface in his dream project NXT. It just doesn’t make sense. We are suppose to hate Triple H yet I can do nothing but cheer for him for what’s he’s down with NXT, the fact alone.

The second feud I’m talking about is Roman Reigns vs the Undertaker. Now I love the Undertaker, ever since I was a kid. Loving watching his matches every year, they are what made me tune into Wrestlemania every year. I know the Undertaker should have retired a couple years back because of his ■■■■■■ up knee situation. The man can barely walk. More to this feud, I don’t get why they are feuding and the build up and the story doesn’t make much sense. It seemed kind of thrown together. Moving onto Reigns, I have never really been a fan of his, I understand the internet hate on him. I would’ve been understandable if he was decent in the ring or decent on the mic but he’s not. I hate the direction they are pushing him in. What I’m really pissed off at is the fact that Roman Reigns out of all the people that Mark has faced over the year, Reigns has to be his last match.

The Undertaker for years has stated to Vince and everyone else that he’s wanted to lose his streak, not necessarily to Brock Lesnar but it happened. But he’s wanted to stop for several years now. Just having Roman Reigns be as his last match, it’s almost sickening, especially to those whom have followed Taker’s career since the beginning.

I believe the Corbin/Ambrose thing was moved to the Pre-Show which is a ■■■■■■■ mistake in my eyes. Corbin and Ambrose both deserve better and so does the IC title. I really liked Corbin since his NXT days, he has a look and an air about him and Ambrose, I’ve been following since his early indies days (CZW mainly.)

A lot of wrestlers deserve better this year, Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, Kevin Owens, Chris ■■■■■■■ Jericho, the Miz (yes the fucking Miz) and so many more. Wrestlers that have put their ■■■■■■■ soul into this craft and get ■■■■ upon by upper management.

2 Likes

(Raises hand.)

1 Like

The final card for tonight will be…

Hosts: The New Day

WWE Universal Title Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg

WWE Title Match
Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match for the RAW Women’s Title
Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley

WWE United States Title Match
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose

Triple Threat Ladder Match for the RAW Tag Team Titles
Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

Six-Pack Challenge for the SmackDown Women’s Title
Naomi vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella vs. Natalya vs. Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss

Non-Sanctioned Match
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker

John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
Special Guest Ring Announcer: Al Roker

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles

Kickoff Pre-show: WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Austin Aries vs. Neville

Kickoff Pre-show: Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Sami Zayn, Braun Strowman, Goldust, R-Truth, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Chad Gable, Jason Jordan, Primo, Epico, Bo Dallas, Jinder Mahal, Rhyno, Heath Slater, Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley, Big Show, Curt Hawkins, Tyler Breeze, Fandango, Tian Bing, Mark Henry, Killian Dain

Thoughts? 'Cause I think it’s pretty bad, some parts are completely unnecessary but oh well.

I think the undercard has been pretty decently booked. I’m excited for the IC title match, the mixed tag, the US title match, and even the ladder match should be fun. The build to the WWE title match was pretty dumb, but at least it was long term. The Women’s title matches feel thrown together, and I’m not a fan ignore the Raw women right now anyway. Smackdown is where it’s at.

WWE’s obsession with part timers at WrestleMania has ruined the big draws though. I don’t care about Taker/Roman at all, neither Brock or Goldberg will be around after Mania and I doubt they’re going to have a good match.

I think this show is going to start strong then lose all of its steam at the end.

1 Like

The whole Randy Orton thing was a tad bit confusing for the casual viewer, even the long time viewer. So he wins the Rumble, we are in for another John Cena/Orton classic (yay? Said no one ever.), an upgrade for Cena obviously… rather than being booked with his girlfriend to fight the Miz and his wife. (Shame about the Miz too. After the fucking year he has had. Boy, I would be pissed.) Anyways, so Orton wins the Rumble, Cena loses at Elimination Chamber to Bray Wyatt… but they are on the same side? Orton relinquishes his title chance for about a week, AJ wins it against Luke Harper so you figure AJ Styles takes on the Wyatt Family at Mania but then Orton burns down the Wyatt compound, turning on Bray weeks before Mania.

They haven’t had a confrontation since to my knowledge. It’s been mainly Luke Harper against Bray and Randy Orton fighting Baron Corbin? That leading to a really stale main event (one of them) in my books. When a match has nothing but exposition around it, it tends to be really boring.

I agree, Brock is probably going to be used sparingly even if he wins making the Title seem cheap, the title is already cheap because it’s not the official WWE title held by Bray but whatever, opinions right? They probably won’t have a rematch and if they do, I see the program they are running with the two of them to last until Summerslam. Honestly, I can’t handle it. Goldberg is too old. You should’ve seen the video after the match at Fastlane, the one that lasted 22 seconds against Owens (fucking shame too.), Bill was exhausted, out of breath. Brock can still go, he’s boring as ■■■■ but he can still go. So I don’t know Summerslam or this feud might end at Mania, hopefully the latter.

Taker and Reigns already said my piece on that. The reason why you don’t care is you probably don’t get why they are fighting in the first place. “Who’s yard is it?” Really? That’s it? That’s all you had for Taker this year? On probably his final year in the business, that’s all you got?

I agree again, the jobber battle royale should be over pretty quickly but then the Cruiserweight title on the Pre-Show should be good. Shame they aren’t on the regular card.

The Cruiserweights just have no momentum right now. Casual fans don’t watch 205 Live and just don’t care.

I wouldn’t say a match against John Cena is a step down for Miz, anything with Cena is marquee. I enjoyed the vignettes and promos in this feud, but if Cena doesn’t propose to Nikki at the end then this was all pretty pointless.

1 Like

That’s what you get when you ask Brian Kendrick at his age to carry a division. They only really have three big names in the division and on Raw, it seems kind of thrown in there. The Cruiserweights would have a better time on Smackdown, I believe.

1 Like

I think, by itself, the card for the show is all right. In a vacuum, these are all pretty good match ups. The women’s division is overbooked as all hell, but that may or may not be overshadowed by the fact that they can actually overbook the women’s division now.

I’m oddly okay with Roman // Taker. I think Roman would be good in Taker’s role, as it were in the early 2000’s. You know, involved in big fueds, occasionally chasing a belt but not winning it, and if he does not holding it very long. I think that would be the best use of him, since his goods are so damaged right now he’ll never be accepted as the top guy. Poor bastard better never get it in his head to jump ship, he’ll be jobbing the rest of his life.

Goldburg vs. Lesnar… I’ll admit, thirteen year old me marked out a bit when he won the championship, but did it really need it? I mean, neither of the world champs going in to mania had the championship a month ago. That’s probably the biggest problem I have with this show. That and Wyat became champ AFTER the Family disbanded. Luke better help Bray, man…

I am now going to ignore this thread for a couple of days, as it’ll take me that long to actually watch the damn show…

1 Like

So it’s done.

I will say this, despite how I’m feeling right now, Taker did put Reigns over or tried too. But it was real sour. Started to get choked up on his exit from the ring. It was time a long time ago and they wouldn’t let him go in a fashion that he was deserving of.

The rest of the show, they screwed over Dean and Corbin. Screwed over Alexa Bliss, screwed over AJ Styles even if he tried to save this sinking ship of a show… The Hardy Boys returning was a nice touch. I hope they stick with Broken Matt and Brother Nero though but Taker.

Godfuckingdamnit.

1 Like

I think Naomi deserves the title, and making the champ tap out was a nice WrestleMania moment for her.

I’m disappointed Dean and Ambrose got bumped. The entire first half of the show, then Telus messed up the Network in Canada and I missed the proposal and almost all of Rollins/HHH. I think the show lost steam like I said it would, but overall it was good.

Poor Roman and Taker. They did their best, but Undertaker just can’t really go anymore (that botched Tombstone reversal was rough). Those last few moments of the broadcast were something though.

1 Like

Okay, finally got to see all of it. Quick review: not bad, but not that great.

AJ - Shane was better than it should have been, Wyatt - Orton was worse than it should have been, Lesnar - Goldberg was a million times better than the last one. Trips - Rollins was match of the night, as far as I’m concerned.

I honestly think the best part about the ending is that no one has come out and said “Undertaker is retired.” There’s been no announcement (or at least I didn’t know there was when I typed this) there’s been no speech. Everyone just knows.

Haven’t watched Taker versus Roman Reigns, and probably never will. I don’t think I can stomach watching a legend fall to someone like Roman. It should have been someone who is as much of a legend such as Sting or someone who Undertaker had a rich history with such as Kane.

I don’t think his body would have been able to handle it, but they should have given Undertaker one last title run and let him reign one last time. Then when he would lose the title he would be placed in a casket by the druids and carried out to finally rest in peace.

Undertaker can’t go anymore. That match was sad to watch, really, and it wasn’t Roman’s fault.

Nah, I don’t agree on that sentiment. Taker is old school as hell, and those rules dictate that when you leave, you leave on your back to build someone new. Besides, nearly all the dream matches have already happened. He’s faced Flair, he’s faced Michaels, he’s faced Angle. The only one left is an equally broken down Sting and let’s be honest, it would be impossible for that match to meet even the lowest expectations.

Additionally, I know hating Roman Reigns is a friggin’ meme at this point, but when you look at the roster, there’s not a whole lot of guys that are both near the top, and capable of working a match as slow as the Undertaker needed it to be. People like Lesnar and Owens would throw him around too much, folks like Ambrose and Mojo are too damn quick, and folks like AJ and Samoa Joe don’t need the rub.

Baron Corbin would be cool, but he’d never land End of Days. Bray Wyatt would be awesome, but you run the risk of Bray having a winning fued that makes sense, and that’s just crazy talk. Roman is kinda the better option, and if his promo Monday is any indication, he could build a pretty good heel run off of this. If they’d just friggin’ let him be a bad guy.

The S.O.B. is just lucky the Streak was already broken. I don’t think his career would have survived it…

2 Likes