(XB1) failed to authenticate player with battleborn server

When I go to start the game I get a message that reads “failed to authenticate player with battleborn server.”

WTF is this ?

i downloaded the game from Xbox live today (DIgital Deluxe + Season Pass). Im in germany btw.

Can’t play the game, please help me.

Have you restarted the game completely and/or restarted your console?

Yes, i did both.

Funny thing is, i was once logged in, after a few seconds it kicked me out (time out error?)

had this happen to me.

open dashboard and start another game. any game. just make the other game load for a second. Then pull up BB. Should work.

It won’t work if you shut down or restart because it will still register BB as the game in the system. Not sure how or why this is a problem. Give it a whirl.

Doesn’t work.

Seriously, it’s starting to piss me off.

Payed money for a product that isn’t working…

it could be a MSN network error? have you tried logging in to other online games?

Perhaps try clearing your console’s cache?

Still same problem.

I never had Problems like this on any Xbox game EXCEPT Battleborn.

@kratzjurij: I had a similar problem, where the game didn’t fully close leaving me unable to start patching. It seems that games stay open for whole sessions, as long as the same user is logged in.

What might work in your situation is to sign off all profiles, then start the game.
This will force a profile selection prompt at entering the main menu of BB. Hopefully this will be enough to get a clean login.

If it doesn’t, you might need to clear your console’s cache (see below).

That should work as a last resort.
It is however a bit tricky on the Xbox One. (The 360 had a menu command for this)
What you need to do is:

• Shutdown your Xbox One
  • Disconnect the power unit
  • Tap the Power Button a few times to drain any residual power
  • Reconnect the power unit and wait until its control LED switches from white to orange
  • Restart your console

Failure to authenticate during login basically means something went wrong while signing into BB with your Account. It doesn’t have to be related to general network problems.

Although the fact that you get a timeout error otherwise makes me wonder if the whole issue isn’t just caused by an unstable connection to Xbox Live (or Server Errors on their side, wouldn’t be the first time).

Worst case scenario you will have to file a ticket with Support, if the issue persists.

2 Likes

“What might work in your situation is to sign off all profiles, then start the game.
This will force a profile selection prompt at entering the main menu of BB. Hopefully this will be enough to get a clean login.”

I will try this.

Same problem here, but on PC, been trying for an hour now. Can’t get this to work.
I was playing just fine yesterday.

Maybe it’s actually an issue on Battleborn’s side then? Server issues for them?

i finally was lucky, login was successful, played 20 minutes, got kicked out, lost connection to server.

I don’t understand what’s going on ?

i created a support ticket 6 HOURS AGO still no answer.

I’m having the same problem right now. Currently uninstalling and reinstalling.

Same problem here after downloading the update /:

Same problem here, on the two XB1 (me and my wife).

Now I’m getting this and I’ve tried to close the game and reopen, and clear my system cache.

If you’re having something along the lines of “failed to autheticate player”, it appears that it might be on Amazon server farm’s end.

Thanks!