A hot fix is automatically applied at the “Press Start” screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up.
An update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once. You can download the latest update by launching Borderlands 2 while connected to Xbox LIVE. You will be prompted to install the update if you do not already have the latest version. All updates are cumulative; you only need to install the most recent version to receive all updates.
[quote]January 25, 2016 Hot Fixes
- Increased drop rate for the Hyperion assassin skin customizations
- Increased drop rate for Maya’s “Frozen Wrath” skin customization.
- Increased DoT chance and DoT damage for the “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” shield.
- Zer0’s “Velocity” skill will now apply critical hit damage correctly.
- Gaige’s “Wires Don’t Talk” skill now appropriately increase shock DoT damage.[/quote]
[quote]November 9, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Maya’s Blight Phoenix skill is now buffed to be on par with other skills in the tree.
- Zer0’s Deathmark ability now receives a larger damage boost.
- Vermivorous will now be easier to spawn in a single-player game.
- Grenade mod item card text will now display correctly on mods that spawn child grenades.
[quote]May 26, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Increasing drop rates for legendary items by 3x. Click here for details.[/quote]
[quote]May 7, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through May 13
- Increased collect radius when picking up multiple items[/quote]
[quote]April 30, 2015 Hot Fixes
- Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, May 6.[/quote]
[quote]April 23, 2015 Hot Fixes
-Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, April 29.[/quote]
[quote]April 16, 2015 Hot Fixes
-Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, April 22.[/quote]
[quote]April 9, 2015 Hot Fixes
-Adjusting drop rates for legendary items through Wednesday, April 15.[/quote]
[quote]July 15, 2014 Hot Fixes
- Head and skin customizations themed after Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel added as extremely rare loot drops – see www.gearboxsoftware.com for more details.
[quote]March 12, 2014 Hot Fixes
-Additional adjustments to ensure weapons properly apply damage over time (DoT) effects.
-Adjusted Vermivorous the Invincible’s loot pool to ensure each kill consistently results in better loot.
[quote]February 10, 2014 Hot Fixes
-Addressed an issue where elemental fire damage over time (DoT) would sometimes incorrectly cause only 1-2 damage per hit.
[quote]December 18, 2013 Hot Fixes
-Addressed an issue where only one instance of Death Mark could be applied in a multiplayer game.
-Zero’s Deception ability can now be activated when firing and reloading a Tediore SMG.
[quote]December 10, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Adjusted the camera angle for Krieg while in the gunner seat of the Runner.
- Wilhelm is no longer invulnerable to the Ahab Rocket launcher.
- Description for Gaige’s Buck Up skill now correctly indicates that Deathtrap will restore 100% of shields.
- Gaige’s Interspersed Outburst no longer prevents critical hits from registering.
- Krieg’s Release the Beast will correctly activate when health is less than 33%.
- Adjusted the presentation of Relic attributes.
- Corrected an issue where Tiny Tina’s damsels could become invisible.
- (TK Baha) Removed the inadvertent health regeneration for the Pumpkin King’s head when playing on OP1 - OP8.
[quote]September 25, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Adjusted the Community Day 2013 character customizations to address an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick them up – these items are extremely rare, so if you see one be sure to use it as quickly as possible!
[quote]September 12, 2013 Hot Fix
- Community Day 2013 character customizations added as extremely rare drops from common enemies – if you see one, be sure to use it as quickly as possible![/quote]
[quote]August 6, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Summoning Deathtrap with “Sharing is Caring” enabled no longer causes a Turtle shield’s health penalties to be applied twice.
[quote]July 24, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Corrected an issue with certain assault rifles not receiving the proper damage bonus from their barrel.
- Flynt now has a chance to drop the Tinderbox and other unique items.
- Addressed an issue where BNK-3R could get stuck and not be defeated…
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Badassasarus now takes proper explosion damage from the Tunguska rocket launcher.
- (Tina Tiny DLC) Repositioned the boundary turrets in Unassuming Docks to prevent players from missing a critical area.
- Addressed a rare issue where players who did not complete the optional “Collect Slag Samples” objective would not properly spawn back into the Natural Selection Annex.
[quote]July 9, 2013 Hot Fixes
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Class alignment mods with “Good” in their name now properly increase reload speed.[/quote]
[quote]April 3, 2013 Hot Fixes
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Enemies above Level 50 should no longer appear during “Tier 3 Battle” missions while playing in Normal and True Vault Hunter Mode.[/quote]
[quote]March 26, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Addressed an issue that could cause sound effects to loop during the “Train to Catch” mission.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pimon from spawning in Wildlife Exploitation Reserve if players had completed the “Swallowed Whole” side mission.
- Resolved a rare issue where players would sometimes be unable to pick up loot dropped by Terramorphous the Invincible.
- Fixed audio issues for clients using the ‘Hide of Terramorphous’ shield.
- Prevented exclamation mark from appearing above certain enemies when they are not mission givers.
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Fixed an issue where Rakkanoth would not always spawn if players were too far away.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Handsome Jack’s name to temporarily be in another language for the final boss fight when playing with a user in a different language.[/quote]
[quote]March 12, 2013 Hot Fixes
- The “Surprise!” challenge is now immediately visible and no longer hidden.
- Addressed some instances where Booster and Adaptive shield sound effects would not properly trigger.
[quote]February 19, 2013 Hot Fixes
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Fixed an issue where the Lootsplosion would not always trigger after defeating Piston.[/quote]
[quote]February 5, 2013 Hot Fixes
- Increased Shock Spike shield damage by addressing issue where it was not being calculated properly.[/quote]
[quote]December 6, 2012 Hot Fixes
- Daily lockouts for Hyperius the Invincible, Master Gee the Invincible, and Pyro Pete the Invincible disabled pending a future update to address lockout timers.[/quote]
[quote]Releasing October 29, 2015
– Various balance refinements and tweaks, with special attention given to Maya to make her more in-line with the other characters.
– The Fastball grenade has been added to Boll’s loot pool.
– Mechromancer customization item text will now display properly when playing the game in Spanish or Italian.
– Players will no longer encounter a progression blocker in the mission “A Match Made on Pandora” at the objective “Talk to Moxxi” in the Wedding Day Massacre DLC.
– The mission “Cleaning Up the Berg” will now adjust to the current OP level instead of always being level 72.
– The wedding party should now always appear at the appropriate time during the mission “A Match Made in Pandora”.
– Missions that can be failed and re-attempted will now show the correct level when the player re-accepts the mission.
– Chests that are dug up by varkids in the Wam Bam Island mission “Fun, Sun, and Guns” will now appear for all co-op players when unopened.
– Gun-based splash damage will now scale correctly.
– The Aquamarine sniper rifle has been updated with the proper stats. It was previously incorrectly categorized as an SMG. Players with this weapon in their inventory at the time of the update will have an SMG in its place. Future drops of the Aquamarine sniper will be correct.
– Player locations will now display correctly after being revived.
– French, Italian, German, and Spanish language versions of the game will now properly display Critical Hit FX.
– Jack’s protective probe will now take damage from Maya’s Phaselock ability.
– Kill Skills will now properly receive bonuses modified by external sources (i.e. class mods) upon activation.
– Weapon abilities will no longer be retained when using the inventory to swap weapons during the weapon-swap animation.
– The color red will now appear appropriately for players using the “Protanopia” color-blind mode.
– Players now have the option to choose a “Camera-Based” driving control setting.
– Badass stats will no longer display multiples of the same choice when selecting a Badass Rank stat bonus.
– Tweaks to improve performance while navigating menu screens.
– The game will no longer become indefinitely paused if the status menu is opened when the HUD is not displayed.
– Updated the presentation of the SHiFT EULA (End User License Agreement).
– Fixed an exploit to duplicate SHiFT rewards while playing in split-screen.
– Players at OP level 4 or above should now find it easier to find a game via matchmaking.
– Players will no longer see placeholder graphics when joining into a 3 or 4 player game on certain maps.
– Bloody Harvest Halloween candy item card text will now display correctly when colorblind mode is active.
– When a user switches weapons just before using a travel station, their holstered weapon will no longer appear to have a plain white texture if viewed from third-person
– Players can now sort their inventory by value and vending machine inventory by price.
– A rare issue where an object could appear to have a bright, neon-colored texture will no longer occur.
– “Use” prompts will now appear and disappear more quickly, resulting in a more responsive gameplay experience.
– Unowned DLC will no longer appear in the Fast Travel menu as a valid destination.
– Various stability improvements.
– Memory adjustments have been made to prevent audio dropout in some cases.
– When playing with the language set to Spanish, the text for the “trade” option has been corrected.
– Minor text fixes.
– Green quality corrosive and explosive nova shields can now spawn in-game.
– McNally will now be the appropriate level in the mission “The Bane”.
– Drop rates for the Cobra have been increased in Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage.
– Players will no longer be permanently slowed by the sorcerer’s “slow” skill.
– NPCs will no longer become invisible for clients during play sessions with many map transitions.
– Community Day 2013 head and skin customizations will no longer disappear from the player’s inventory if they save and quit before using them.
– Torgue weapons will now glow correctly
– Some skin customizations that previously did not drop from any source can now drop in-game.
– All items will now have impact audio when dropped from inventory or in the world.
– Game difficulty scaling will now reliably return to the appropriate value after fighting Raid Bosses.
– Purple rarity rocket launchers will now use the appropriate material.
– Subtitles in the side missions “My Dead Brother” and “Lost Souls” updated for accuracy
– Brood the Invincible’s nameplate will now appear correctly.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to add Community Day heads and skins as world drops.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an issue in which the Tiny Tina’s damsels can become invisible.
– Permanent Hot-Fixes to fix “Release the Beast” sometimes not activating.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an issue with critical hits not registering properly sometimes when using the “Interspersed Outburst” Mechromancer skill.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an inaccurate skill description for the Mechromancer’s “Buck Up” skill so that it properly displays the recharge as 100%.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix Wilhelm so that he takes damage from the Ahab rocket launcher.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to adjust camera zoom when Krieg is in the gunner seat of the runner.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix incorrect attribute presentations for relics.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an issue in which skrakks can deform when running PhysX.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an issue so that Deathmark can be applied more than once in a multiplayer game.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an issue in which Zero’s deception ability will not activate properly when triggering the skill while firing and reloading a Tediore SMG.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix a missing VO in ‘A Match Made on Pandora’.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to fix an issue with some weapons having low DoTs applied.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to modify Vermivorous so that he always drops something from his unique pool.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to increase the bulk collect radius.
– Permanent Hot-Fix to increase the drop rate of legendary items across the game.
[quote]Releasing July 15, 2014
- Adds new heads and skins themed around Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. See www.gearboxsoftware.com for more details.[/quote]
[quote]Releasing February 6, 2014
- Added an “Expansion” sort option to the mission log, which allows you to sort missions by the DLC that contains them.
- Added a ColorBlind mode (the option can be found in Main Menu > Options > Video).
- Addressed an issue when scrolling through player inventory in vending machines before it finishes loading.
- Addressed an issue where Golden Keys would reset to zero if the user attempted to redeem more than 255.
- Addressed an issue with The Bee shield applying incorrect damage when using explosive weapons.
- Addressed an issue where clients would be unable to pick up some items.
- Addressed an issue where enemies could be healed by rockets if they were near a Siren using Restoration.
- Addressed an issue where Deathmark and Thoughtlock FX would display incorrectly on some enemies.
- Addressed an issue where Zer0’s “Execute” skill will flash on screen when entering Deception without having Execute trained.
- Addressed an issue where Zer0’s Deception HUD would occasionally persist after Deception had ended.
- Addressed an issue where the camera could sometimes become stuck in a third-person view when entering a vehicle.
- Addressed an issue where Gaige failed to emote when summoning DeathTrap.
- Addressed an issue where Gaige’s “One Two Boom” orb could not be exploded by E-Tech weapons.
- Addressed an issue where Raving Retribution projectiles would sometimes cause damage to Krieg. Flame Flare made this issue more likely to occur.
- Addressed an issue where Buzzaxe Rampage would not reset from Release the Beast during fast travel.
- (Bloody Harvest DLC) Addressed an issue where projectiles would pass through Pumpling’s head without causing damage.
- (Bloody Harvest DLC) Addressed an issue which caused Sully the Blacksmith to only throw hammers and not use his other attacks.
- (Mr. Torgue/ Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 DLC) Addressed an issue where an overpowered Hoplite shield would drop player health to zero.
- (Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 DLC) Addressed an issue where the Butcher shotgun reload would go out of sync for clients.
- (Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 DLC) Addressed the opening which allowed players to grenade jump over the walls in Digistruct Peak.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed a minor texture issue on Salvador’s Dragon Keep skin.
Permanent Hot Fixes
- Addressed an issue where the Psycho’s Blood Blister class mod modified the Boiling Blood skill, instead of Blood Bath.
- (Mercenary Day DLC) Addressed an issue where Timothy would fail to emote on clients.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Added Dragon Keep head customizations to Dice chests.
- Made Loot Hunt item changes permanent.
[INDENT]- Increased Explosion Size for Flakker
- Increased Damage and Grenade Explosion Size for Kerblaster
- Increased Explosion Size for Cobra
- Increased Explosion Size for Boom Puppy
- Increased Damage, Explosion Size, and Control for Sky Rocket
- Vladof Rocket Launchers have increased Damage and Faster Reloads
- Dahl SMGs have increased Stability
- Increased number of shots fired for Boneshredder
- Bandit SMGs have increased Magazine Size and Damage
- Increased Number and Damage of Bunny Bombs for Bunny
- Increased Damage and Radius of Secondary Explosions for Logan’s Gun
- Increased Explosive Power at Bite for The Teeth of Terramorphous
- Increased Damage and Baby Gun Power for Baby Maker
- Secret Bonus for Morningstar Upgraded
- Increased effectiveness of Twister
- Bandit Assault rifles have increased Clip Size
- Tediore pistols have increased Magazine Size
- Increased Critical Damage for Lady Fist
- Maliwan Rocket Launchers have increased Reload Speed and Status Effect Chance
- Increased Damage and Explosive Radius for Landscaper
- Increased Magazine Size, Damage, and Reduced Self Damage for Gunerang
- Increased Damage for Octo
- Increased Damage and Projectile Radius for Fastball
- Increased Damage and Ricochets for Tidal Wave
- Hyperion pistols have increased Magazine Size and Accuracy Recovery
- Increased Damage for Madhous
- Increased Skill Recharge Time and Damage for Little Evie
- Increased Damage and Accuracy for Veruc
- Increased Damage and Magazine Size for Gub
- Bandit pistols have increased Magazine Size
- Increased Damage and higher Elemental Effect Chance for Longbow
- Increased Accuracy and Critical Hit Bonus for Fremington’s Edge
- Increased Damage and Magazine Size for The Emperor
- Bandit shotguns have a Faster Reload and an additional shot in the Magazine
- Increased Explosion Size and an Extra Shot in Burst Fire for the Hornet
- Dahl pistols have increased Stability and larger Magazine[/quote][/INDENT]
[quote]Released November 21, 2013
- Added support for upcoming downloadable content.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue with “Dwarven Allies” which would cause a blocker if players picked up the third rune letter prior to completing the “Solve ancient dwarven puzzle” objective.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Murderlin will now respond if you have accepted but not completed the mission “Roll Insight”
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Addressed an issue where damage dealt to Dexiduous, after destroying a crit region, would be too low when the player was lower level than Dexiduous.
- (TK Baha DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the flying pumpkin head to regenerate health in Hallowed Hollow.
- Summoning Deathtrap with “Sharing is Caring” enabled no longer causes a Turtle shield’s health penalties to be applied twice.
- Adjusted drop rates of unique items from Doc Mercy, Mad Dog, Savage Lee and McNally to be more consistent across all modes.
- Added checks to enforce the maximum overpower level and remove invalid gear.
- Addressed a manufacturing error where rare Maliwan SMGs were created with the incorrect body part.
- Addressed a glowing issue with the Gunzerker Skin of Steel skin.
- Further corrected the alignment of holographic sights on pistols.
- Addressed an issue where completed repeatable missions would not show text in the mission acceptance screen.
- Addressed an issue where defendable targets would not have a health bar.[/quote]
[quote]Compatibility Pack Released October 21, 2013
- Added support and compatibility for add-on content.[/quote]
[quote]Released August 29, 2013
- Added new items to the Black Market:
- Added Zoom amount to weapon cards.
- Rarity of loot drop rates have been increased for enemies level 61 and above
- Enemy health regen in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode increased for enemies level 61 and above.
- Addressed an issue that could cause credits music to continue for some players when the credits were exited early.
- Set the “Surprise!” challenge to be visible for everyone instead of unlocking after completing another challenge.
- Addressed an issue that could cause loot dropped from Terramorphous to not be pick-up-able or visible to all players.
- Addressed an issue where the user could lose functionality of their weapon as a Psycho when activating Buzz Axe Rampage and Hellfire Halitosis simultaneously right before being killed.
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes grant players two sets of rewards for completing one mission.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed players to “win” a duel by killing themselves with environmental damage.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the ìThresher Thrashedî achievement/trophy from being unlocked in a split-screen game.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to be unable to complete the “Can You Hear Me Now” and “Big Guns” challenges.
- Addressed an issue causing the Death Mark symbol on the Sheriff of Lynchwood to appear in the wrong location.
- Addressed an exploit that could allow players to increase their skill points beyond intended amounts.
- Addressed an issue sometimes causing Flynt not drop any unique loot in True Vault Hunter Mode and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Added safeguards to better protect players against hacked items and weapons – invalid items will now be automatically removed from a player’s inventory.
- Addressed an issue that stopped players from loading inside the Natural Selection Annex if they saved and quit there without completing a specific objective of the Wildlife Preservation mission.
- Disabled the daily lockout for raid bosses
- Shoved The Warrior off into the abyss after he dies so that players can always grab loot that he might otherwise have been sitting on.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to lose control of their characters when using certain telescopes simultaneously in a multiplayer game.
- Addressed a few issues that could cause BNK-3R to get stuck or otherwise not complete his death animation properly.
- Addressed an issue causing E-Tech weapons given as mission rewards to show up as the wrong rarity.
- Increased Voracidous’s shield to intended levels in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Increased the Eridium required to enter Terramorphous’s den.
- Addressed an issue causing Flynt to sometimes not jump down and engage the player.
- Saved the player’s vehicle skin choice so that it doesn’t have to be re-chosen in each new play session.
- Addressed an issue causing the earned/total customization count in a customization station to be incorrect.
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause items acquired via SHiFT to be capped incorrectly at level 50.
- Addressed an issue of debug text appearing rarely when a splitscreen player leaves the game while the other player has a mission screen up.
- Addressed an issue that could result in a splitscreen player erroneously activating the ‘load a character’ UI mid-game.
Captain Scarlett and her Pirateís Booty
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue allowing the treasure room to be re-entered multiple times after defeating the Leviathan.
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause players to be stuck under the world when traveling to a new zone while in the destroyed hovercraft in Captain Scarlett content.
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Addressed an issue where players could get slowed for the duration of a game session if they left an area after being slowed by a witch doctor.
Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue causing Zer0’s critical hit indicator to not display on Mimics.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Taught Necromancers how to cast their skeleton-summoning spell more reliably.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the ìA Single Deadly Biteî challenge to not unlock.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue of audio not playing from dwarves at the entry to the mines on the mission Dwarven Allies.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed the timing of some effects when transitioning from bright, sunny skies to dark and brooding ones and vice versa.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause Roland to be holding a sword and a gun in the same hand.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the player to be unable to progress if taking an alternate route to Flamerock Refuge.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue causing client players in a multiplayer game to not see magical effects when activating the “My Dead Brother” mission.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the “Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’” achievement to not unlock when the player rolls a 20.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue causing class mods with “Good” in their name to be detrimental to reloads.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Added a third vault symbol to the Dwarven Mines for players to discover.
- Addressed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
- Addressed an issue that could cause errant mission indicators to appear above rabid skags when players had not yet accepted any Animal Rescue missions in True Vault Hunter Mode.
- Addressed an issue that could result in players being stuck at the beginning of the game in True Vault Hunter Mode and unable to complete any missions.
- Addressed an issue that could cause an incorrect waypoint to be displayed for the mission “Hidden Journals”.
- Addressed the Pot’O’Gold shield to drop items correctly when the player is damaged while wearing it.
- Addressed audio from Booster and Adaptive shields not playing during co-op games.
- Addressed certain projectiles (such as rockets fired from a Tunguska) sometimes passing through objects instead of detonating on them.
- Addressed an issue causing some assault rifle barrels to give lower damage bonuses than intended.
- Addressed the Blood of Terramorphous and Blood of the Seraphs relics to no longer be capped at level 50.
- Addressed an issue causing item cards to sometimes show incorrect critical hit modifiers for weapons.
- Addressed an issue causing alignment of sights on certain pistols to be incorrect when zoomed in.
- Addressed the “Breath of the Seraphs” relic to scale above level 50.
- Addressed an issue where the Psycho could get stuck and not animate when killed in a certain way.
- Addressed an issue where client Psycho players would sometimes not play the fire breathing animation when activating Hellfire Halitosis and Buzz Axe Rampage at the same time.
- Addressed an issue that could cause clients playing as Psychos to retain the buzzaxe in their hands if the action skill ended while they were on a ladder.
- Addressed an exploit causing Mechromancer’s Discord skill to stay active after respeccing.
- Addressed Zer0’s Kunai skill stacking to higher damage amounts that intended under certain conditions.
- Addressed an issue that could cause the Gunzerker to have two weapons attached to his right hand when his action skill was deactivated in a certain way.
- Addressed an issue causing Psychos using the Raving Retribution skill to be chattier than intended.
- Addressed an issue where the Psycho would sometimes not be put into the down state when applying the “Redeem the Soul” skill.
- Removed some challenges Psycho players are unable to complete due to Krieg’s heft.
- Addressed players using alternate control schemes being unable to perform certain actions such as the Psycho’s dynamite toss or the Assassin’s action skill melee.
- Addressed an issue causing the Psycho’s Buzz Axe Bombardier skill to block stacks of Taste of Blood from accruing.
- Addressed an issue that could cause the Psycho’s Hellfire Halitosis visual effects to persist indefinitely.
- Addressed the Reset Skill Tree prompt in customization stations showing incorrect totals for the Psycho.
[quote]July 2, 2013 Update
- Increased stability of long play sessions.
- Added the ability to preview and purchase add-on characters from the ‘New Game’ character selection screen and when joining another player’s game and choosing your character.
- Added un-purchased campaign add-ons to the Fast Travel station list to streamline the ability to purchase the new content. These locations appear with an asterisk next to their names.[/quote]
[quote]April 18, 2013 Update
- Added support and compatibility for upcoming content, including character customizations unlocked by playing Poker Night 2.
- Fixed an issue where bank and stash capacity could be exceeded. This change prevents additional items from being added to stash / bank until capacity is below the maximum – it does not forcibly remove or delete any items.
- Added a preview of available premium customizations when using a customization station so that players can see what a purchased head or skin would look like before buying.
- Fixed an exploit where players could become invincible occasionally through the Siren’s Res skill.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from choosing a new customization from SHiFT when creating a character immediately after redeeming a customization code.
- Added a new automatic backup feature – the game will periodically create a backup of your current character so that there is something to fall back on if your character save becomes corrupted.
- The game will now attempt to automatically delete older compatibility packs that are no longer needed in order to free up some hard drive space.
- Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
[quote]- Bad Hair Day
- Best Minion Ever [/quote]
- Fixed a bug that could cause the “Wildlife Preservation” mission boss to sometimes continue fighting after the encounter in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Fixed an issue that could cause Scarlett to not drop Scarlett’s Greed in the fight with Roscoe.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player’s grenade count to not be saved properly if they were using a Grenadier class mod.
- Fixed a bug causing Seraph items of the day to incorrectly be capped at level 55.
- Rebalanced the Gunzerker’s Titan class mod to be more in line other Gunzerker class mods.
- Fixed an issue where the Evolution shield could incorrectly list a Recharge Delay of 0.00 seconds.
- Fixed audio from Impact shields not playing when connected to another player.
- Fixed an issue causing audio distortion in some cases when a transfusion projectile got stuck inside an object. [/quote]
[quote]April 2, 2013 Update
- Added a new playthrough called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50!
[quote]- In this mode, you will always start in Southern Shelf at Cleaning Up the Berg and may reset your playthrough progress as often as you like without losing any items, levels, or stats. All enemies are significantly more difficult in this playthrough, but the loot quality has increased accordingly. Rumor has it there is an entirely new rarity of loot out there for high-level players.
[/quote]- Added new items to the Black Market:
[quote]- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
[/quote]- Increased the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some users to crash on startup or when loading into a level after choosing their character.
- Fixed a bug where profiles would refuse to save when they were already corrupted on startup.
- Fixed a bug where profile restoration code would sometimes trigger inappropriately.
- Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy’s shields, even though it was hilarious.
- Fixed a bug that could cause hosts to become invulnerable if they were being revived by a client who disconnected mid-revive.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to crash or freeze when fighting BNK-3R.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Deathtrap’s Robot Rampage audio to not stop playing after killing an enemy until Deathtrap despawned.
- Fixed a bug that could stop the Gunzerker’s Keep It Piping Hot skill from functioning as intended.
- Covered an area of the world near Claptrap’s ship where the player could fall in and be unable to get out.
- Fixed an issue where a Siren could revive a player and make another player invulnerable under specific circumstances.
- Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton’s turret and kill skills.
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Fixed an issue with the “Shady Dealings” challenge where a purchase could sometimes not count toward its completion.
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Fixed a bug that could cause networking issues when players are killed by being run over by fanboats.
- Fixed an issue where players could be unable to interact with the menu when a mission that granted experience but not items was completed and not handled by the player before saving and quitting.
- Fixed an issue where players could cause the round to not fail in a Slaughter mission if a surviving player disconnects while all others are out.
- Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
[quote]- Wildlife Preservation
- Medical Mystery
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Let There Be Light
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Eat Cookies and Crap Thunder[/quote]
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Thermitage is now friendlier and will no longer refuse to come play with some players.
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Fixed a bug causing Dexiduous the Invincible’s health bar appearing incorrect on clients.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to do far more damage than intended by exploiting a buff from the Evil Smasher.
- Clients are now able to see explosions caused by Norfleets in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue causing Relics to sometimes not show the Favorite indicator.
- Fixed an issue that caused E-tech weapons to not be able to hit the Mechromancer’s ‘One Two Boom’ orb.
- Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
- Fixed class mods that increase the skill grade of Axton’s Metal Storm, Onslaught and Quick Charge skills to function as intended.
- Fixed an exploit involving Vladof rocket launchers that could result in having infinite ammo for any weapon.
- Fixed an issue where weapon cards would sometimes not display how many bullets they consumed per shot.
- Mechromancer’s Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
- Fixed an issue causing impact sounds from users with The Bee shield to not be audible on clients.
- Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
- Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Torgue vending machines can now stock legendary weapons above level 48.
- Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
- Assigned price to Anshin ‘Evolution’ shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.
- Fixed a bug causing head customizations from the Mr. Torgue DLC to not unlock properly for Sirens and Mechromancers.
- Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
- Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a player to lose inventory when swapping items with a full bank or stash while having a full inventory.
[quote]March 16, 2013 Update
- Changes to improve recognition and compatibility of installed DLC[/quote]
[quote]December 13, 2012 Update
- Modified profile behavior to better protect Badass Rank and related data.
- Added functionality to detect and restore Badass Rank in the event it was lost. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select “Continue” on the Main Menu, and then “Save and Quit” after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Added a confirmation dialog when opening the Golden Chest in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in “Fight For Your Life” mode.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause skill points to be reset when loading a character.
- Fixed a bug that could cause weapons to not stop firing when the “Gunzerking Autoswitch” option was enabled.
- Fixed the Mechromancer’s Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
- Fixed some cases where enemies were getting stuck and unable to move.
- “Inverted reverse steering" option now works correctly for clients in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the trade icon to get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug where a splitscreen player would sometimes not receive the appropriate default weapon when creating a new character.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the message “processing vehicle change request” to get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
- Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
[quote]- Plan B
- Wildlife Preservation
- Mighty Morphin
- Fink’s Slaughterhouse
- Animal Rescue: Food
- The Man Who Would Be Jack
- Get To Know Jack
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- Trailer Trashing
- Clan War: First Place
- Stalker of Stalkers
- The Once and Future Slab
- Home Movies
- Shielded Favors
- You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
- (Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech[/quote]
- Fixed a bug where the player’s active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
- Fixed a bug that could cause mission waypoints to not display in DLC areas.
- Reduced level of Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
- Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
- Fixed a bug where Master Gee (Captain Scarlett DLC) would sometimes not drop any items when killed.
- Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
- Addressed an infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
- Fixed a bug causing the item-of-the-day not displaying “sold out” sometimes when opening a vending machine where the item had already been purchased.
- Fixed a bug that could cause non-droppable inventory to be lost when trying to equip it from the world.
- Fixed the player’s backpack sort setting not persisting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players’ backpacks to display empty under rare circumstances when trading.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the critical hit bonus to inconsistently be included on the item card of weapons that modify this stat like Miss Moxxi’s Bad Touch.
- Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
- Fixed an exploit giving the player unlimited grenades by picking up a specific grenade mod.
- Fixed customization items getting sorted as “ammo” in the inventory.
- Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
- Balance adjustments to “The Bee”:
[quote]- Increased Recharge Delay
- Significantly increased Recharge Rate
- Reduced Amplify damage [/quote]
- Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.
- Added “(undiscovered)” entries to the challenge log for challenges that the player has not yet found.
- Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
- Players can now reset all challenge progress for a character once they’ve completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player’s current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. This option will appear as a tooltip at the bottom of the “challenges” screen within the status menu if the player has met the criteria. [/quote]
[quote]November 6, 2012 Update
- Added security to prevent data loss tied to malicious violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct through an unsupported third-party program.
[quote]October 22, 2012 Update
- Fixed player first-person arms appearing too far up or down the screen when in horizontal/vertical split mode.
- Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
- Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player’s backpack than is actually there.
- Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
- Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they’re trading the same number of items with each other.
- Fixed clients sometimes losing access to fast travel stations unlocked during co-op progression.
- Fixed the favorite/trash icons on inventory items sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
- Added safeguards against the game getting stuck on a ‘Saving…’ prompt when a client with a splitscreen player saves and quits the game under specific rare circumstances.
- Fixed the “has abandoned your struggle!” message sometimes appearing with no player name.
- Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
- Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
- Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when trying to join a game where the host had recently returned from a downloadable content area.
- Fixed an error where clients would sometimes see certain weapons firing in incorrect directions.
- Fixed a blocker in the “Do No Harm” mission and repaired users already affected by the bug.
- Fixed an issue with savegames sometimes causing the game to stutter / freeze and repaired saves already affected by the bug.
- Made the user’s inventory not jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
- Fixed a bug with shields that reduce the player’s maximum health not displaying the amount of health reduced on the item card.
- Fixed a bug where some challenges would sometimes re-complete levels 1 through 5 over and over again, granting the user additional ranks and tokens.
- Enemies affected by a Siren’s Thoughtlock ability may now be damaged by other players.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes lose their third and fourth weapon slots. Characters who have already lost these slots will be repaired the next time they are loaded.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn’t have.
[quote]October 9, 2012 Update
- Fixed an issue where a mission’s level would sometimes reset to a lower level when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue with stacking skill icons not correctly refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a client would sometimes hear a high-pitched distorted sound when respawning in a 4-player game.
- Fixed the player sometimes getting stuck on a long loading screen or infinite black screen when trying to travel quickly after entering some areas.
- Fixed red loot chests only spawning certain types of items.
- Corrected spawn rate of Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where clients would occasionally crash when trying to join a server.
- Fixed controller vibration sometimes persisting indefinitely in splitscreen games.
We are continuing to work on additional fixes for known issues and will update this thread accordingly when we have more information.