Xbox - Lag and tiny text

My wife and I are playing split screen on base xbox. We can’t play without it freezing every few seconds and I’m also experiencing the laggy menus. It doesn’t have vertical split screen either and the text is crazy small on horizontal. It’s impossible to play this game at the moment.

14 Likes

deciding to remove my vacation days from work until game is fixed :grimacing:

3 Likes

Wife and I also have same issue one xbox one s. Best internet one can ask for with minimal traffic and we spent 100 on the game and we can see the text and cant split screen everything is way too small…its like we need bifocals…like dude I’m not in my 70s I have 20/20 vision. Please change spilt screen to vertical and get the text to be larger. Not every one has a 60 inch tv

10 Likes

I’m having huge lag as well with it being single player hard reset my xbox and still pretty laggy with gameplay and menus are far worse lag this game is unplayable for me at launch so much for calling in tomorrow I raged and gave up because imo It sucks for now until I can actually do something with the 100 bucks I spent I went and barred with the lag long enough to get all my dlc weapons to be highly let down with that as well but that’s what I get for opening them at lvl 4 i suppose worst 100 I’ve spent in a long time

4 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. I was SOOOO excited for this game and these frames locking up every few seconds are making the game unplayable.

6 Likes

Same! Split screen basically unplayable on Xbox one. My GF and I was super excited. Now… not so much… Anyone tried on One X? Is it the same or better?

3 Likes

It would appear all consoles and variations are having issues.

4 Likes

My friend on Xbox One X says he has the same problem too.

2 Likes

I had same problem as well as I couldn’t figure out how to get my weapons in the game I tried to get them but not sure how any thoughts on that?

1 Like

If you’re referring to the extras from pre-order, they should be in your “email” box in-game which you can access from the Social menu - activate them there to add them to your current character.

2 Likes

I have a 70" TV and am struggling to read everything on single player mode, I can’t imaging try to play with splitscreeen! No option to increase text size on Xbox. PLEASE for love of the game, make an accessibility option to increase text and HUD display size!!!

7 Likes

I am having the same issue on PS4. Small text/HUD, as well as it’s really slow to swap between menus on your echo device

3 Likes

My wife and I are having the same issues and we aren’t even connected to the internet. After trying to play for an hour, we saved and are playing Gears until there is a patch.

4 Likes

Having the same issues. :pensive:

2 Likes

Yes, I am having many of the same problems playing splitscreen with one other player, who had to stop playing due to headaches from reading the tiny text. The lag is also significantly impacting our game during regular play, but especially when just one of us goes into a menu of any kind.

4 Likes

I may have found a fix. Make your console go offline while playing split screen. I havent lagged (except menu stuff) since disconnecting online service.

Yeah, whoever signed off on the split screen user acceptance testing for Xbone needs to be pimp slapped multiple times. It’s unplayable.

2 Likes

My wife and I have only played offline and it’s been unbelievably laggy from the beginning.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issues on XB1. 6 point font on a 55" screen is unplayable, and the brightness levels are nuts. Even jacking up brightness and black levels I can’t see a thing, but every other BL game runs fine on my usual settings.

Horizontal split isn’t nearly as much a dealbreaker for us as the font, brightness, and lag though. We’ve played horizontal since 2 without issues.

4 Likes

The lag issue may be due in part to the Social notifications? I found them annoying so I went into the Social menu and turned them off. IIRC you can also turn down the frequency of notifications.

I also ended up moving about 2 feet closer to the screen to read the font, which is not ideal. I wonder if anyone on the testing team was over 40?

5 Likes