Xbox - Lag and tiny text

Playing xbox one borderlands 3 on 60 inch
Greetings. Even playing on my 60" flat screen TV makes it almost impossible to see the writing in one player mode let alone split screen mode! This longly anticipated game has become a nightmare on virtual playing field of dreams!!! Fix please!!

3 Likes

I looked in the mail did not see. I’m playing single player and having tons of lag in firefights . not sure what the deal is seems like everyone’s having lag issues.

1 Like

Do you still have social notifications set to the initial default? You can change it in the Social menu. Made my life easier!

I still get the odd moment where the screen will freeze while the game continues running for maybe up to a second. I haven’t been able to spot if it’s when I’m near a save point, but it’s always in an intense fire-fight. I’d say 99% of the time I have no issues.

The UI font size on the other hand…
1 Like

When I get up I’ll check it out I worked late into the morning. About to go to bed. Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Hi,

XBox One S co-op play - experiencing thing here in terms of lag when displaying map, inventory, etc., and the UI text being too small to read on a 65" TV.

3 Likes

Turning off social notifications didn’t affect the lag when opening inventory or displaying map.

2 Likes

+1 text is unreadable on Xbox 1 split screen

2 Likes

Glad you said it. I find myself walking over to the television every o often to read the text of quests. That’s with a regular screen.

2 Likes

I found a setting to change the text size in the options but I’m still having horrible lag the screen that says it took too long to start and it crashing whenever I try to add the heavy runner to the catch a ride isnt helping

2 Likes

where is the setting? I only found one for subtitle size.

1 Like

That’s pretty much it under accessibility. Text size increase for subtitles only on consoles.

The lag seems to be a bit better recently while xbox is connected online. I still have social notifications turned off and there is still menu lag. Its good gearbox has acknowledged the concerns and are making efforts for correction. Can’t wait to see how this game was intended to be played.

New issue. When using iron sight or scope and second player goes to menu it automatically goes to hip fire.

I’m playing offline and I have bad lag

1 Like

Same here I’m playing Offline as Well having terrible lag ???

1 Like

Since you’re off-line, did you try turning social notifications off? Any signs that your XBox is running on the warmer side? (eg hotter than normal to the touch, fans running louder)

1 Like

I turned them to low what happens if you turn them off? I mean do you still get weapons if it’s off or do you not get anymore?

1 Like

You still get things in your in-game email, you just don’t see all the “joe has completed a challenge, Mary Sue has 100% achievements” stuff on screen while playing the game.

1 Like

Turned them offstilllagging

1 Like

Is the new update supposed to help with lag I don’t have it yet she to being offline player and all

1 Like

The details are listed here:

1 Like

So then they didn’t work on any kind of a fix for people who don’t immediately have internet?