Xbox One X shutdown, game restarted without DLC installed

So the wife and I made it to the Ruiner during the Bounty of Blood DLC. I am playing on a One X running on the insider Alpha program. My wife is on a One S vanilla. I play the game with the visuals set to “Performance”. Well I encountered the shutdown referaning overheating once we started the boss fight after a multi-hour play session. We took the night off, cleaned the console with compressed air and tried again a day later. After booting the console and wasting no time we began our encounter, just to have the console shutdown immediately. I read a few forums that said to change the Graphics Preference to Resolution. I let the console boot up again and made the graphics change. I selected continue, only to get a message that it was saved with the Bounty of Blood DLC that was no longer on this console. It started me on Pandora at the Covenant Pass. I checked and sure enough the DLC Bounty of Blood was not installed. Every other item (10 in total) was installed.

Edit: After the DLC reinstalled I loaded the game solo and changed the graphics settings to resolution and still encounter the shutdown. I changed the graphics settings back to performance and got the shutdown again.

I’m not sure exactly what happened, I have had my fair share of crashes but never lost a download. @VaultHunter101 Do you know of any occurrences that might cause this and is there a remedy?

No - that is completely new on me. On a wing and a prayer, I’d try removing the game’s temp data (you can see this partition directly below the save data while viewing via Manage App) and doing a power reset.

If that doesn’t work, a factory reset would be the next thing to try (painful, but it does clear up some issues.)

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bad Posts (for individual posts not topics)

Just a reminder that as per the FORUM RULES, questions about forum moderation should be taken up in PMs with one of the moderators, not posted in the open forum. (And for enquiring minds, there’s even some discussion of the flag system and why/how posts might get flagged/hidden).