Yeah. I didn't think it was possible to turn a Borderlands game into a chore, but Gearbox have succeeded beautifully. Great for streamers. Not for players

I have over 1000 hours in B2. B3 is a chore. Goodbye

3 Likes

Moved to the bl3 section.

BL2 was far more of a chore.

7 Likes

I mean, could you elaborate?

1 Like

Here I am ok look out!

Chore? What? Borderlands 2 without the “start at lvl 30” thing (I love that thing) was a huge chore, Captain flint was a chore so bad. Such a long walk is BL2, its beautiful and hardcore but very long/slow.

BL3 TVHM I blasted through. The pace was brilliant, I had left all side quest alone for TVH. To play the story without role playing massive breaks in so one can completionist side quests was hella fun and more aesthetic. I never made it through BL2 like that.

Please elaborate on what the chore part is so we can debate :slight_smile:

Edit: I bet this is about that unfinished echo game quest for Claptrap. That is the only chore I can think of in the game
“Help me hero! I’m under attack!”
self shudders

7 Likes

Baby-sitting Ava was such a chore Maya let herself die.

Change my mind.

4 Likes

She was dead the moment she argued to go in Lilith’s stead, it has nothing to do with Ava

Points of interest: why send your most valued siren VH to a Vault where Tyreen will appear and leech said siren. It was suicide to send a siren to the vault. Ava isn’t to blame, Ava was just there.

At which point in the game do we babysit Ava?

2 Likes

Maya just couldn’t take it anymore. She could have wiped the floor with them. Instead she took the easy way out and left the burden on everyone else on the ship.

2 Likes

Oh I get it LOL but I’m a rare one that actually loves Ava, its just a kid growing up. Leave her alone

3 Likes

Shortly after getting Maya’s power, Troy phaselocks the VH(s) for about a full minute while monologueing and casually juggling several objects with the power. He only releases them due to Wainwright’s intervention.

Moments after getting the power, Ava uses it to shield several people from a massive attack.

Everyone we’ve seen use the power other than Maya used it far more effectively despite having far less time to master it. Maya wasn’t going to wipe the floor with anyone.

2 Likes

She knew the power better than anyone else but decided she wanted the easy way out of her situation while making it look like she was helpless.

1 Like

7+ years of it. That’s either some serious commitment to appearing incompetent, or some serious fan denial.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure you can flip a coin and get the correct answer to that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

The story for BL3 was definitely a divisive. The basic formula was the same as BL2 but the character where at times miss represented. Ava is ment to come off as frustrated because of her past and her lack of ability to take action but she comes of as spoiled or entitled with her phrasing and with the delivery in some scenes. The same with Tyreen. There are times where Tyreen is just rambling, not even mocking just rambling in her own head outloud. It makes her dialogue feel broken at times and caused player to tune her out. It’s like what they say about Parody. Be careful you don’t play it to straight or you run the risk of not being parody.

As someone writing dialogue for a character the last time you want is for someone listening to ignore a character.

It’s funny Troy was the Brains of the operation and ended up being the better written villain among the two. It’s clear GBXs writers know how to make a more conniving or clever villain like Jack and Troy which are usually the villains in video game that end up being write offs.

2 Likes

I agree, this game is a huge tedious chore.

I played through BL2 hundreds of times, it had a engaging and amusing story with a great antagoist, very good weapon progression ie Harold, Fastball, Lyuda, Lady Finger, Bee etc to get you through to end game. Interesting and variable levels full of interesting NPC’s with funny side quests. Sanctuary is a much better and easier to navigate home base that the crappy maze of a ship we have now.

I have played through this several times and the thought of ever doing it again fills me sadness and disappointment, the mundane tediousness is nearly unbearable, in fact I would rather play BL1 or TPS as they are more fun and enjoyable.

1 Like

Dude that talking to herself is a mental trait um… Gee I can’t find the word, Tyreen is mentally ill with a condition thats a real life one… I just can’t think of the words right now. Her talking in her head but outloud is a form of psychosis. Made me realize why she was they way she was.

1 Like

I can’t agree wit y’all because I really like the story and have empathy to Typhons broken family. Promethea and Eden 6 are like self contained tales or episodes if you would. I love BL3 as an entry to the series 100% it tells a unique story that touches some real life subjects and its pree heavy, abandoned father, psycho daughter, peer pressured son… I could go on. There is a lot of subject matter in BL3

2 Likes

The issue is that this is a story they are trying to tell. Your trying to capture a players interest and having them fallow the characters interactions and look forward to the next time they interact. Doing something for the sake of characterization is one thing but you need to realize when the characterization is being taken to far. She has a entitlement issues cool, she has authority issues cool, you want her to come off as awkward and thus annoying ok but If you have her bugs me for the 4th or 5th time in the same story Chapter when she is not even present uhhh. She dose have some good foreshadowing lines and some good bits of dialogue it’s just due to how much they chose to give her she has far more misses then she dose hits.

1 Like

heah no

1 Like

Mmm, yeah I definitely didn’t think farming a new set of gear every single “level” past 60 was a chore in BL2. Nope.

(the 3-level difference nerf really hurts you in UVHM, you don’t need to reach the OP levels to feel it).

2 Likes