You can unlock the whole damn game for free. STOP CALLING IT A FREE TRIAL IF IT ISN'T. IT IS UNNECCESSARILY CONFUSING PLAYERS GEARBOX!

I am using an absolute tempered frustration as I am writing this, stifling myself from throwing out rude remarks and cursewords just to get this point out.

When a game is able to be played for free whilst it also offers you a way to unlock EVERYTHING FOR FREE, then that game will be by todays definitional standards be called a FREE TO PLAY, Gearbox. Not a trial.

What you have currently presented to the new player is a dialogue which goes like this.

“Oh Battleborn is free to try? Must be for a brief moment. Let’s check it out. Oh holy crap it’s 44 gb, I’ll actually skip this one.”

And done. That’s it. Period, dot, full stop.

You’re losing potential players, steams advertising, and causing UNNECCESSARY CONFUSION… all because you want to ■■■■■■■ reinvent the word “Free-Trial” into “Free-To-Play”. Get with the GODDAMN SYSTEM and fix this before we, THE DAMN PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY LIKE WHAT YOU’VE CREATED - GET ■■■■■■ OVER BY YET ANOTHER DOA.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have been that direct, but I agree with the notion. A “Trial” gives the impression of “limited time” which is a bad impression to give to people considering the Download size AND download time (for some as evident by some forum posts yesterday).

I’m not going to say that I know the “legal” or “practical” reasons as to not call it Free-to-Play, but whoever chose the words Trial made a big mistake.

1 Like

It is NOT the whole game.

• The Trial-Version consists of PvP-modes only.

• And only 6 playable characters per week, instead of full access to 30.

• No titles, trophies or achievements

That´s far away from “everything”.

You might not be interested in the 8 PvE-missions in 3 dificulties and 5 DLC-missions, but these modes exist and are part of the full experience, which Trial-players only get when you upgrade to the full edition.

You should check the infos on the Trial-version on Battleborn.com closely. For the full game with everything you need to pay 50$ for the upgrade.

Here the link:

Also please check our Forum Rules before creating a topic. Rants are generally not welcome here, especially if they are spreading wrong information in the title.
(You cannot unlock the whole game for free. The title statement is simply wrong.)

4 Likes