You got your wish. Alani has now been nerfed into the ground

Hmmm??? So to fix alani to clear minions waves ur response is gear choices… interesting

Er no

Alani was fine before the health nerf… she was super effective at killing bad players… miko can do this aswell

And like multiple people already pointed out in this thread multiple of times

• geyser require u to think 3 seconds a head of ur enemy
  • riptide u have to pick slow vs damage u cannot have both
  • alani heals are crap they only look strong cause its a BURST HEAL which requires u to deal damage with auto attacks 9 in total to get the BURST HEAL off

Now even rayna out heals alani which is depressing stack cooldown reduction on rayna and pew pew with her healing especially if u have her legendary ohhh which she also gives overshields + kickstart ur recharge delay… 300 healing to her and her ally and can heal with her plasma caster with players effective by over shields…

Ambra out heals alani too once she unlocks her mutation to heal her sunspot… just hook onto that sun spot and watch damage and healing sky rocket… especially if u places it ih a good spot so hold ur staff and afk >.>

Miko… beam… mushroom… skilll… enough said

Alani??? 1 burst heal only… require resources… heals 1 team player… and have to choose between riptide or geyser for bad healing… geyser heal is mega situational … riptide requires playerd to stand in it and not leave the area… she did a bit of damage a tiny knock back… and traps bad players…

Okay I am an Alani main and it seems like you can’t be objective about this and are obviously blind to the fact that she was pretty OP. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Hmmm??? So to fix alani to clear minions waves ur response is gear choices… interesting

Er no
[/quote]

Way to be rude! I am here to help those who are trying get around these nerfs and I have, if you don’t like my ideas, fine, don’t use them I am not putting a gun to your head but there is no reason for you to be an jerk about it. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Alani was fine before the health nerf… she was super effective at killing bad players… miko can do this aswell
[/quote]

Before health nerf she was crazy strong. Erm any character can be effective against bad players.[quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
geyser require u to think 3 seconds a head of ur enemy
[/quote]

So? Its not difficult to land. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
alani heals are crap they only look strong cause its a BURST HEAL which requires u to deal damage with auto attacks 9 in total to get the BURST HEAL off
[/quote]

Her heals are crap? She can heal over 1000 health in one burst and with my build that I SUGGESTED, you know to HELP people, they wouldnt be having too much difficulty get full stack osmosis in no time. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Now even rayna out heals alani
[/quote]
Not true.[quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
especially if u have her legendary
[/quote]

Way to be hypocritical, talking about gear and all. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Ambra out heals alani too once she unlocks her mutation to heal her sunspot.
[/quote]

Nope, again, not true.

1 Like

That’s kind of the point of a healer… I’m so sick of having an Alani player on the team who doesn’t give an iota about healing unless it suits them.

Right. Here we are again.

Really dude? I don’t see anyone harassing anyone else, the one guy got offended for someone disagreeing with his opinion about the game, this is what society has deemed offensive? No one cares KY

Really?

Oh, Dude, you should read the forum rules sometime. When you have, Pm me with any queries.

(They really are very clear about how to deal with any concerns about moderator actions, too. Please read that part.)

2 Likes

I’m not reading the forum rules, this is the internet where I have the freedom to post what I want, regardless of your ‘rules’, you wanna ban me? Do it. Gearbox games are way more offensive and vulgar than any comment I’ve seen on any of these threads, a bit hypocritical don’t you think?

Happy to oblige. Bye.

Yes, you are free to say whatever you want. If you breach the rules in doing so, there are consequences.

4 Likes

I am very sorry. You are wrong on so many points which Xelaris96 pointed out eloquently. Alani is a fantastic character still even after the health nerf. I still heal entire groups with no issue and the CC is top shelf. Her damage is perfectly fine for a support character. Learn to play her my friend…i constantly outheal ambra and miko on same team. I give her Song of Valor, Firmware Upgrade ISIC, and a heal booster rare and she is a beast! replace song of valor with the vest that gives 2.50 health per stack (max stack 100) and you have the hitpoints you could ever want. Have fun…

I’m sorry, but as an Alani player if I want to go into a pvp match as a damage dealer I feel that I should have that option. It is pvp, the object is to kill before you are killed. If Alani’s stats are dropped for people in pvp matches, her stats are dropped in story mode as well. Not everyone likes playing pvp, which is a reason am still playing Battleborn and not what seems to be the more popular offering from Blizzard. If this trend of nerfing characters to suit people that get butthurt is going to continue, I think I will find another game to play.

Why would you play a character, whose role is healing/cc, as a damage dealer? Characters that are good at healing (if they can heal themselves) AND damage have an unfair advantage over others, and I’m sure you’re smart enough to see this. Sure, certain characters have helix options to heal some after a kill, or after doing damage, but that still requires choosing it over some other, potentially more useful helix. It’s not the same.

No.You’re talking about T/DM, a mode which BB does not have. The objective is to guard your sentries, capture control points, or leading your minions to the scoreboard depending on your chosen mode. Killing other players is a secondary objective.
Also, on a sidenote, even if a TDM mode existed, healing your teammates would ensure they stayed alive and that the enemy did not get points for killing them. Win-win.

While I agree with this in principle, Alani deserved the nerf. Her power fit her backstory, absolutely, but not so much within the confines of PvP. The number of healers is low, with Miko seemingly being the only viable option at the time, and until its ultimate, it can only heal one character at a time. Alani could’ve been able to heal more people for less amounts to serve the same purpose in a different way.

Alani has to be a damage dealer in order to heal. That’s the way she’s designed. The cool thing about the way her kit is set up is that you can spec for damage and still be a decent healer (and attack speed makes her a better healer). Now, if you have an Alani sitting at max osmosis and ignoring a teammate that could use a heal, that’s simply not a good team player.

But trying to separate Alani into being a damage dealer or a healer is kind of silly. She’s both inherently.

I can land Ambra’s sunspots for a direct hit with that “touch a sunspot and get hurt” helix with ease. Hell the times I do miss they walk into it accidentally because they back into it or clip it. Aoe skills are easy if you know how to lead them or just hit them in an area they can’t see.

1 Like

Yeah, can people stop saying geyser is hard to land? It works the same as Orendi’s shadowfire pillar with a slightly wider range.

Orendi’s has a bigger tell since it darker, flashier and is a pillar.

Alani’s …thing is that in double support comps you lack the firepower of 1 support or no support comp so it can be used against you.However, Alani is crazy good in a double support comp because she has good damage and like top 3 cc in the game so she can make up for the damage and cc deficit typical in a double support comp and still output heals on a good interval.

Ambra on the other hand as the fiery opposite when in double support comp you’d expect she’d do well to but until she gets her legendary, and hits level 7 mutation with the fireball she’s basically meh as the offensive or healing/defense support part of a duo support comp since her heals and pre-7 offense are pretty lame to put it lightly.

[quote=“Misguided, post:154, topic:1516469”]
Alani has to be a damage dealer in order to heal. That’s the way she’s designed.[/quote]

I get the idea behind it, but she needs to/should be more focused on the actual healing than dishing out damage. Whether the nerf actually did that and Alani-players just haven’t noticed yet I don’t know though.

I’ve met one or two Miko players who didn’t care to heal, but on the other hand I’ve only met one or two Alani players who cared to heal. She was too strong and could keep herself and any teammate who got in the way alive, but dedicated healing was not one of her strong points.

I’m saying this as a player who mains Miko but decided to go for other BBs when Alani came out, only to feel forced to go back to get any kind of survivability back for the rest of the team.

I’ve pointed it out before but I think it’s worth restating. If anything, the nerfs have made Alani MORE likely to just heal herself and LESS likely to heal the rest of the team. She has to go deeper into the battle to gain osmosis stacks for her heal and because she’s ridiculously slow, by the time she retreats she’ so damaged that she’ll very likely need to use her stacks on herself.

You weren’t there man, you weren’t there… I had a match against a team or Rath, Montana, Oscar Mike, and an Alani who was best buds with Miko. That was brutal. Absolutely brutal.

On a serious note, maybe they should nerf her damage but change the way osmosis builds so she’s more useful as a healer?

This is just me, but I love playing Alani on a team with a Miko. I can make sure and heal Miko if needed and help rescue someone getting focused or if Miko has another priority. Alani is not a great primary healer, IMO, but a solid supplemental one, and their strong control and other things they bring to the table allow for 2 supports without screwing up team comp.

Holy schnikey I looked at the profile of the gentlemen who asked for a ban. April 6 2290 he is outta here.