You got your wish. Alani has now been nerfed into the ground

Yea, and I stuck on your back as miko and got more kills

At no point did Alani ever ‘outheal’ a miko of equal skill, in fact I can heal double what Alani does every match, alani’s DPS was based on wave clearing and geyser trap, when minions are being taken out of the equation her DPS drops like her health, range, and DPS did with this nerf

1 Like

I don’t get why you’re talking like you’re trying to pick a fight on the forums over one game where we were both on the same team and won. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

Just saying if these are the types of teams you play with Alani is useless, and I just expected more DPS from a miko backed Montana, Alani won’t be viable enough to make pro teams, and isn’t useful on a team with a miko as now many other characters outperform her dps

Miko outheals Alani, The biggest number of boosts in his helix are for healing. And outdamages Alani with his small but handy selection of kunai and Mycology buffs.
While he can provide a very strong slowing field, his CC is limited to this single skill. Thus Alani far out CCs Miko, Knockback, Knock up with Blind, Potentially two Slows.
Alani also out Utilities Miko. Miko can’t boost movement speed of his teammates, provide damage reduction, and increase team damage on a single target. Go with the Flow will also give Alani far better Cooldowns for her CCs(which include most of her team utility effects), while Miko is stuck with just 15% on her CC.
Alani is a fundamentally different character now, not worse than Miko, or nerfed in to the ground. Just different, what she was intended to be. A CC/Healer Hybrid that requires being near the action to be most effective.

Ok, so her cc’s are good, so she can kill minions? Lol riptide does no damage now and you have to take the morph of slow, once again for the love of ■■■■■■■ God alani’s geyser requires skill to use and 85% of the time I laugh in the face of her, you are correct in saying her CC is good, but when I as miko can attach myself to a gali or kelvin I’ll rolfstomp your 2 character combo with Alani and annnnnny other character

1 Like

Just me, but I’ve enjoyed playing Alani on the same team as a Miko. Alani (IMO) isn’t a primary healer, but a supplemental healer. If I’m on the same team as Miko, I see it as my job to hit targets with rescue heals if they are getting focused beyond Miko’s ability to handle and to make sure Miko gets a heal if needed. I can also provide some CC if someone is trying to harass Miko.

Alani can’t replace a good Miko as a primary healer, but they can provide support in a variety of ways on the same team. If playing on a team with Alani as the primary healer, understand that if there are multiple people in trouble, they have to choose who to help. If you have a way of getting yourself out of a jam or out of danger, use it, so they can help the other. A good Alani support will then look for you once they have a heal built back up, so if you can hold a moment in a safe spot they may be able to help after a few seconds.

Personally, I could care less about her viability on “pro teams”. You may very well be right but I will be playing her and healing my heart out all the same.

2 Likes

And when you are faced in a 1v1 situation with a DPS character who knows how to play RIP

Then don’t use Alani like a Miko. That’s the point. We already have Miko to fall in line behind an Ally and turn them in to a juggernaut. Why do we need two characters that do that? Or three if you count Reyna.

Miko has better damage, but she’s not taking on DPS characters either, she’s escaping them back to an Ally for back up. Alani has plenty in her kit to create space and keep her alive long enough to do that.
Alani can provide support across an entire battlefield in a way Miko just can’t.

That’s the things though. Every nerf she gets actually LIMITS your helix choices. If you want any chance at helping with minions in meltdown you MUST take wet blanket for the slow effect because even with shock wave, the damage isn’t enough to stop them

What pro teams?? Lol

Riptide plus shock wave still does alot to minions you have to finish a few off.
You just cant riptide one lane ult the other all minions clear anymore.

A doctor who assigns false gender roles? I think i’d get a second opinion, haha. Miko is genderless, don’t let the false info on Battleborn Tap fool you.

Not true, I still go with the same helix options pre-nerf. Wave shock is still the best choice regardless of the DPS nerf. As I have mentioned, that is what gear is there for. Clearing lanes might be a little more tedious but its not impossible.

Alani still do the stuff she’s alrays done.
She’s still a good healer and offers one of the best cc in the game.

1 Like

Hmmm??? So to fix alani to clear minions waves ur response is gear choices… interesting

Er no

Alani was fine before the health nerf… she was super effective at killing bad players… miko can do this aswell

And like multiple people already pointed out in this thread multiple of times

• geyser require u to think 3 seconds a head of ur enemy
  • riptide u have to pick slow vs damage u cannot have both
  • alani heals are crap they only look strong cause its a BURST HEAL which requires u to deal damage with auto attacks 9 in total to get the BURST HEAL off

Now even rayna out heals alani which is depressing stack cooldown reduction on rayna and pew pew with her healing especially if u have her legendary ohhh which she also gives overshields + kickstart ur recharge delay… 300 healing to her and her ally and can heal with her plasma caster with players effective by over shields…

Ambra out heals alani too once she unlocks her mutation to heal her sunspot… just hook onto that sun spot and watch damage and healing sky rocket… especially if u places it ih a good spot so hold ur staff and afk >.>

Miko… beam… mushroom… skilll… enough said

Alani??? 1 burst heal only… require resources… heals 1 team player… and have to choose between riptide or geyser for bad healing… geyser heal is mega situational … riptide requires playerd to stand in it and not leave the area… she did a bit of damage a tiny knock back… and traps bad players…

Okay I am an Alani main and it seems like you can’t be objective about this and are obviously blind to the fact that she was pretty OP. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Hmmm??? So to fix alani to clear minions waves ur response is gear choices… interesting

Er no
[/quote]

Way to be rude! I am here to help those who are trying get around these nerfs and I have, if you don’t like my ideas, fine, don’t use them I am not putting a gun to your head but there is no reason for you to be an jerk about it. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Alani was fine before the health nerf… she was super effective at killing bad players… miko can do this aswell
[/quote]

Before health nerf she was crazy strong. Erm any character can be effective against bad players.[quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
geyser require u to think 3 seconds a head of ur enemy
[/quote]

So? Its not difficult to land. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
alani heals are crap they only look strong cause its a BURST HEAL which requires u to deal damage with auto attacks 9 in total to get the BURST HEAL off
[/quote]

Her heals are crap? She can heal over 1000 health in one burst and with my build that I SUGGESTED, you know to HELP people, they wouldnt be having too much difficulty get full stack osmosis in no time. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Now even rayna out heals alani
[/quote]
Not true.[quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
especially if u have her legendary
[/quote]

Way to be hypocritical, talking about gear and all. [quote=“alekie1990, post:143, topic:1516469”]
Ambra out heals alani too once she unlocks her mutation to heal her sunspot.
[/quote]

Nope, again, not true.

1 Like

That’s kind of the point of a healer… I’m so sick of having an Alani player on the team who doesn’t give an iota about healing unless it suits them.

Right. Here we are again.

Really dude? I don’t see anyone harassing anyone else, the one guy got offended for someone disagreeing with his opinion about the game, this is what society has deemed offensive? No one cares KY