You have been disconnected from PSN

(Silver Helix) #1

Alright, so I’ve been playing a few hours every day for just over a week now with a friend of mine, and for that entire week we have had no problems at all. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere for the past two days every couple of minutes this message pops up in the middle of my game telling me that I’ve been disconnected from PSN and that online features will not be available until I reconnect. The strange thing is that if I dashboard out of the game to the PS4 main menu then according to my PS4 I am still connected to PSN. I can even still see my friends list, send and receive messages, check the PS STORE, etc. So it seems that for some reason I’m getting disconnected from the game’s online features without actually being disconnected from PSN. Anyone know what the heck is going on?

(What does it all mean!?) #2

I had a similar issue awhile back caused by a faulty ethernet cord. It would say I was still on PSN and receive messages but it would never load them or load anything, so I was sort of ghost connecting… It was constantly taking me offline in BL2. Fortunately it was just that simple fix, dunno if you can actually access all of the online functions or not… I’ve had issues before with my internet hiccuping which also caused what you described…

(Silver Helix) #3

The thing is this is only happening when I play Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. It doesn’t happen with any of my other games, and it only started happening since two days ago.

(Vault Hunter, Guide, Forum Dad) #4

Some games are a little more fault-tolerant when it comes to internet connection than others (especially single-player only versus co-op/multuplayer). Like @ChemicalConundrum said, I’d recommend checking your internet connection to your PS4 first. If you’re currently using a WiFi connection from PS4 to router, try switching to a physical cable if possible.

(tyakyh) #5

I had this problem sometimes too. And I use ethernet connection.