Your "Wth?" gaming moments

[Updated] In-game moments of confusion and/or disappointment/exasperation; does not cover technical issues [ex.=lag] or player-directed behavior [ex.=trolling].

Borderlands 2

• Getting a red-text item…at a level less than you.
  • Moving/jumping around enemies…and a baby spiderant, with bulls*** accuracy, colliding with you and stopping you cold.
  • Getting grabbed by a Wormhole/Blackhole/Rift Thresher, killing it…and getting grabbed by another one less than a few seconds later.
  • Enraged Goliaths chasing you for quite a ways (if at all), and then stopping for no reason. Really aggravating if they won’t react to you beyond arm’s-length.
  • Throwing Axton’s Longbow Turrets (w/ Mag-Lock) towards a Gallant Spiderant in Frostburn Canyon, only for them to instead ‘hit’ my target and ricochet onto a wall way behind me.
  • Things strange or funny (or both!) that you've witnessed on Pandora

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988970-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/69031865

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

• Setting all of your animal traps…and catching nothing but gerbils. Or bats. Or both.
  • D. Dog doing what I ask…inside of 40m; ask for any further, and he’ll just shake his head at me.
  • When your buddies do things that just make you hate them: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681794-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/72745072
  • The Wormhole Fulton glitching during a combat alert, leaving a little nova just hanging in the air. Still cool, tho.

Resident Evil 6

• Cop zombies with magnums and sniper accuracy.
  • Shaking off a Dog/Bloodshot…and getting immediately jumped by a second Dog/Bloodshot.

The one that’s bugging me currently is in Defiance. There’s some new events that have been added, and they award some stuff that are only available for a limited time (until after Halloween I believe). These events, or Arkfalls as they’re called, have a few variants, the one for Halloween being called Revenge of the Plaguers. As soon as I see one of these types on the map, I immediately start heading towards it. However, 75% of the time I reach them and there’s already people there, and they’re on wave 3 of 3.

Grrrr, so frustrating.

Another one is in Battlefield 4, where I line up the perfect headshot from miles away on a sniper camped out on a building or whatnot, only to have them move VERY SLIGHTLY so that my shot misses.

[quote=“TheRandomGoth, post:2, topic:695366”]
Another one is in Battlefield 4, where I line up the perfect headshot from miles away on a sniper camped out on a building or whatnot, only to have them move VERY SLIGHTLY so that my shot misses.
[/quote]I’ve been there. Much frustration. Also, when you line up for a clean headshot…only for your target’s head to move at the last second.

1 Like

So bloody annoying! Also, in Defiance, in an event where you have to kill massive enemies and I’m the only person actually shooting what we’re supposed to be killing…

Also when I go down RIGHT IN FRONT OF ANOTHER PLAYER and they get distracted or decide not to revive me…

Another good one(s) is the massive lag spikes that seem to happen in the one event, none other, just this certain one. I know it’s hit when I can’t change my weapon, reload or activate my power (Defiance’s version of action skills). I normally wait them out so as not to miss out on the reward if the mission ends while I’m lagging or if I quit. Bad idea: Normally the lag spike goes and BOOM! Shitloads of XP (as if I don’t change weapons I can still shoot, and I can get an enemy’s health down to literally zero, so that when the lag spike goes they instantly die) and normally I’m downed.

Too many times this has happened to me.

One more. This doesn’t really apply to games, but YouTube. For instance, when the advert plays perfectly, no buffering, no problems, nothing…then as soon as what I want to watch starts, IMMEDIATE BUFFERING. That one really does my nut in.

1 Like

[quote=“TheRandomGoth, post:4, topic:695366”]
So bloody annoying! Also, in Defiance, in an event where you have to
kill massive enemies and I’m the only person actually shooting what
we’re supposed to be killing…

Also when I go down RIGHT IN FRONT OF ANOTHER PLAYER and they get distracted or decide not to revive me…

Another good one(s) is the massive lag spikes that seem to happen in the one event, none other, just this certain one. I know it’s hit when I can’t change my weapon, reload or activate my power (Defiance’s version of action skills). I normally wait them out so as not to miss out on the reward if the mission ends while I’m lagging or if I quit. Bad idea: Normally the lag spike goes and BOOM! Shitloads of XP (as if I don’t change weapons I can still shoot, and I can get an enemy’s health down to literally zero, so that when the lag spike goes they instantly die) and normally I’m downed.

Too many times this has happened to me.

One more. This doesn’t really apply to games, but YouTube. For instance, when the advert plays perfectly, no buffering, no problems, nothing…then as soon as what I want to watch starts, IMMEDIATE BUFFERING. That one really does my nut in.
[/quote]Was really thinking about stuff not related to technical or behavior issues; updated my first post to reflect this. Nevertheless, I feel you on all points.

Ah, ok man, no problem. Next ones will be non-technical and non-behavioural.

[quote=“TheRandomGoth, post:6, topic:695366, full:true”]
Ah, ok man, no problem. Next ones will be non-technical and non-behavioural.
[/quote]NP, totally my fault for not being clear.

Anyways, your guys being able to run that close to enemies in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier without being detected is really unfair. Hell, even your extraction target can do it – and he doesn’t even have a cloak!:

1 Like

BL2 - Killing Bloodwing so I could pass a door that could have been flown over in a Buzzard.