You've just bought the rights to Battleborn!

Congratulations, you, a famous producer, have just bought the rights to Battleborn. It didn’t cost a lot, to be honest, but hey, you see a bright future for this series - but how exactly you go about creating Battleborn into a movie or TV series is entirely up to you.

I’ve created a template below for a bit of fun. You can manipulate this template if you want, but I was curious as what you would do with this series if you had a chance. Do you envision it as a franchise or perhaps as something else?

You can choose either a MOVIE TEMPLATE or a TV TEMPLATE.

You envision it as a movie:

[quote]Battleborn Series: Movie

Title:

Prequel, Sequel or Reboot?:

Franchise?
(Is it a one-off or a franchise?)

Animation or Live Action?

Your Story Idea:

Director(s):

Writer(s):

Composer:

Who’s the Protagonist?
(Every film needs a hero. What Battleborn would you focus your film on? Remember, by default, your hero is being played by Tom Green. You don’t want Tom Green as your hero, now do you?)

Casting the Protagonist:
(Tom Green, folks. You might want to change that.)

Casting Rendain:

Love Interest (OPTIONAL):
(You might want to give your Protagonist a snuggle-partner/nest partner.)

Casting the Battleborn (OPTIONAL):
(You might have a lot of time on your hands - like a lot of time - and you might want to dabble in casting the Battleborn.)

The Film’s Tagline:

Trailer Moment(s)/Biggest Selling Point:
(A “trailer moment” is a part (or parts) of a film Marketing will use to include in the trailer. They’re the parts of the film that will sell the film to the masses.)

Imagine the Teaser (OPTIONAL):
(Teasers are hyped more now than actual trailers. If you have an idea what a 40-second/1-minute long teaser would look like for your film, include it here.)

When Would You Release the Film?:
(Release it in January/February, and it’ll probably be dead by May. Release it over the Summer if you feel like it’ll be a Blockbuster that can stand against your average Superhero film or release it in the prestige “Oscar Season”, near the end of the year, if you believe it has a chance of making it into the Oscars.)

Budget:
(How much would you want to spend on your film?)

Tie-in Merchandise (OPTIONAL):
(Merch = tonnes of money.)

Other Stuff:
(Yeah, I’m lazy. You might want to be super creative and add more, which you can do right here.)[/quote]

You envision it as a TV series:

[quote]Battleborn Series: TV Series

Title:

Long-lasting TV series or Miniseries?

Distributor/Channel:
(Allow Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Hooters to release it online or allow a channel like HBO/Showtime/Cinemax etc to show it?)

Animation or Live Action?

Your Storyline:

How Many Episodes?
(This differs entirely how you approach your series.)

Genre:
(You might play this straight, or go a completely different route, like Horror or Comedy for example.)

Director(s):

Writer(s):

Composer:

The Opening Title (OPTIONAL):
(Be creative.)

Song That Plays Over Opening Credits:
(“What Is Love” for example.)

Who’s the Protagonist?
(Who is your starring Battleborn?)

Casting the Protagonist:
(Tom Green really needs some work, folks. He’s the default hero.)

Casting Rendain:

Casting the Battleborn (OPTIONAL):
(Who would you cast as the Battleborn?)

The Show’s Tagline:

Imagine the Teaser (OPTIONAL):
(Teasers are hyped more now than actual trailers. If you have an idea what a 40-second/1-minute long teaser would look like for your film, include it here.)

Episode’s Length:

Other Stuff:
(You might want to add a bit more.)[/quote]

Have fun!

1 Like

I give the movie the same amount of love and attention as 2k gave the game and hand complete creative control over to Uwe Boll.

Breaking Character…

I honestly think it would work best as a comic book/adult animated series.

ADULT ANIMATED SERIES - Like a callback 90s cartoon show, but with more mature plot lines (Mature not meaning boobs. Mature meaning emotional maturity, not afraid to have the characters kill people/face death)

Alternately as a high end anime series, with goofy humor bits combined with mature plot lines. (Again, adult storytelling. Not boobs)

COMIC BOOK - Again, focus on storytelling combined with humor.

I would totally pay to read/watch a Battleborn comic/WELL MADE cartoon show.

Emphasis on "well made."
With good plot/story/humor/animation.

4 Likes

Something between Firefly, Cowboy Bebop and GI-Joe for the 90´s touch? Sounds both frightening and amazing.

3 Likes

Guys I said this before, but the ONLY way to make something out of this battleborn predicament is to have the sole focus shift towards Deande. It’s what the comunity has been asking for.

2 Likes

If I bought the rights to Battleborn, Toby would get a MASSIVE buff… Something in the neighborhood of this:

(@Ganjamira :smirk:)

5 Likes

Since we’re speaking about our hypothetical fantasies here, I’ll go over what my ideal would be.

I would want a TV animated series, possibly on Cartoon Network, but hey, Netflix Originals are all the rage these days. I’d want to keep as much of the game’s voice cast as possible. Can you imagine anyone but Jim Foronda as ISIC or Ashly Burch as Orendi?

I’d follow the game’s overall plot, but the show would center around Ghalt, Mellka, Kleese, Deande, and Reyna. A TV movie would kick off the series, telling the story of the darkening of Penarch and evacuations to Solus, culminating with Deande’s betrayal of Rendain and Mellka’s rescue operation. Then, each week, a new problem would arise in the Solus system, and our fearless leaders would decide which of the Battleborn would form the best team to solve it. A 13 episode first season could retell the events of all the story missions and OPs.

For example, in “The Algorithm,” Kleese suggests El Dragon for the mission to take down ISIC, since he wants revenge for the loss of his arms. And since he’s the Hemsworth family bodyguard, Phoebe tags along to test out her new MageTech swords in combat. Naturally Orendi wants to get back at Marquis, so she convinces Reyna to let her join in too.

By giving a small group of characters the focus of each episode, the audience doesn’t receive an overload of information. Each episode features some new character dynamics. Can the Battleborn over come their differences and win the mission?

As for the music, the TV movie would have to have the intro music. That’s a must.

6 Likes

You really dig that fanart, don´t you? :smile: :heart:

A DBZ-like format would be rad too, watching Toby & Boldur power up for 9 episodes, just so that Rath appear from nowhere to slit up Freez- I mean Rendain - with no effort.

EDIT: OMG @HandsomeCam - Reyna would be your Chichi! :scream:

1 Like

It’s one of my backgrounds! That’s an honor coming from me!

1 Like

Thinking of making it as T-shirt.

“Power up like a Penguin!”

1 Like

I HATE graphic tees, but i would wear THAT!

Being called a penguin is probably what resulted in the transformation, haha!

Haha! Who’s Toby’s Krillin? Kid Ultra?

1 Like

Krillin = Kid Ultra

Piccolo = Whiskey Foxtrot

Master Kame = Kleese

Turtle = Ghalt

Vegeta = Benedict

that´s all I got so far :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why not SSB?

1 Like

What? Is SSJ3 too much of a buff? You think SSJ is more fair? :smirk:

(@KitRyu)

2 Likes

Toby needs to be even more op as super saiyan blue with Kaioken

1 Like

Fixed that for you. :dukewhistle:

1 Like

Hmmmm. I’d go for a long-running TV series, animated in Battleborn’s current visual style, based on events set after the game - the fight to take back the darkened systems. Probably distribute through Netflix or Amazon, around 7-8 seasons of 9-10 episodes each.
Directed by Peter Jackson (non-negotiable, guy’s a freaking legend), screenplay by Bryan Cogman, music from Hanz Zimmer, animation by Weta Digital. Main theme (for opening credits) is an orchestral version of the CTT Main Menu theme. Multiple protagonists (the leaders of the five factions), cast with the original voice actors. Tagline is “Yield to the void”, teaser involves more Oscar Mike yelling at the camera, episodes around an hour in length.

Interesting idea!

6 Likes

No you broke it! How will the community survive now?

2 Likes

4 Likes

OhmyGod, she’s so hot!

Pants lustfully.

3 Likes