Zane is seriously awful and MH3 is nearly impossible with him without perfect gear

The customer is always right

2 Likes

Also wrong, because if customers have different opinions on something, which one of them is “right”?

PS: am a Zane main, before someone inevitably asks :wink:

1 Like

Zane’s clone ALWAYS aims for the head when possible.

Also “other than playing dirty” is a big hand wave when it literally doubles your damage.

No other character can do that. Also specifically for this video, the clone’s nova procs an AoE freeze for free with you not even needing to be near it when depleted so you can walk in and clean up.

Someone hasn’t ever worked in a customer facing industry…the customer is almost NEVER right.

1 Like

If the game was perfect, nobody would be here to complain. I always read negative comments when a patch is released, and only now have they realized the mistakes made, lol.

Yeah… I’m a licensed professional registered in multiple states. I have clients or customer you would call them. If I did everything the clients wanted, I’d lose my license. In fact, I have to take ethics exams stating I won’t and that I’ll protect them from themselves because as the professional I’m the one who should know better.

So please tell me more about how the customer is always right.

3 Likes

It’s very disapointing when I run my cryo Zane who can reasonably destroy all of slaughter shaft but if a anointed shows up it basically leroy jenkins my entire set up.

It’s dumb that Zane’s most consistent set up is made redundant by the hardest enemy types in the game. I’m glad maliwan takedown doesn’t feature any anointed.

1 Like

There are other ways of building Zane without dependency of cryo, in fact I recommend not to if it’s goning to leave you that helpless against Anointed.

(In which case I recommend getting a fire Butcher, it can chew through pretty much anything)

I think it’s fair to say that compared to the other vault hunters he is not as OP as they are out of the box. But I don’t think, “Zane just doesn’t belong in MH3”, is a fair criticism. For example, here is a video ThiccFilA posted today of a unique Zane build.

Though the cryo centric builds have become the current meta for Zane they are not the only ones. Before the cryo centric builds his Laser-Sploder run and gun builds was the meta. I think the reason the cryo builds dominate the meta now is because of how effective they are. As a matter of fact he is the most effective vault hunter at using cryo because he is the only one that can freeze enemies without a cryo weapon or grenade. This means you can use any gun you want. People tend to use what works and cryo works for Zane. So those of you complaining about cryo, it’s his shtick, get over it! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I agree with you, but I dont play cryo zane because it’s the meta. I play it because I actually like freezing stuff. It’s just badass to me. I’m getting punished unlike any other vault hunter because of intentional design choices. At least iron bears lack of scaling can be seen as a mistake in testing. But anointed being cryo immune is an intentional design decision. And a horrible one at that

1 Like

Just switch to a non cryo weapon. You’ve got four gun slots. I’m sure you can find something with fire to put in one of them. :innocent:

The fix s to make Zane a counter to anointed where they aren’t immune to his. And yes. It’s stupid.

Haven’t finished leveling him yet, but by all accounts his build discussion seems to fall on the divide of “Under Cover and Hitman is better” or “Hitman and Doubled Agent is better”. So either full offense or defense/utility and offense, and I’ve seen plenty of videos/explanations for both having their merits, but it does all seem to boil down to needing the proper equipment for it all to work right.

I do think making Cryo effects a utility for him is a boon rather than a hindrance, Brain Freeze with an Incendiary Conference Call makes a laughing stock of pretty much every mobbing area and wave challenge I’ve seen and played myself so far. And that way you still get proper damage matching with Anointed enemies rather than relying on the Cryo element itself.

In that regard, personally, I think one of his issues is that he has no other utility support for it other than just blatantly freezing enemies, period. Frozen enemies take huge damage bonuses for critical, melee and explosive(splash) damage, yet Zane has no skills that boost these at all. He’s reliant on the random affixes you can get on class mods and relics, and hunting down those and fitting Anointments just loop back to the same equipment reliance problem.

For non-Cryo related stuff, his kill skills are all very blase for how much reliance the core builds for him are for them. Making his reliance on movement speed part of his boosts to gun damage, but Moze is the only one who can shoot while sprinting? And while it’s not useless, shooting while sliding still has some pretty drastic aim issues if you aren’t using a shotgun. That one Dahl legendary that gets a fire rate boost while sliding I tried out with him, its constantly either all hit or all miss at higher speed and I ended up tossing it. I do like the idea of him being this manic sugar rush gun nut on the battlefield, but in practice it just falls short for everything but shotguns and assault rifles like the Ogre. And the numbers on pretty much all of them but Playing Dirty and Donnybrook are too lackluster for endgame.

That said I don’t think he’s entirely useless at the moment, but he definitely needs tweaking to be made more viable for Mayhem compared to the others. I really do think adding more support to his Cryo based abilities would be a good way to do it, but given how much retooling to his skill tree that’d take, I doubt we’ll see it happen.

frozen targets only take 3x melee damage in Bl3. In the prequel it buffed explosive and critical damage. Not in this game tho. If BL3 frozen reacted the way it did in the pre-sequel, Zane would be a very good character.

2 Likes

But Frozen targets do take additional crit damage in BL3. That’s what makes Cryo Zane so good.

They literally don’t my dude. That why Zane is so bad. Zane would have been an amazing character in the pre-sequel tho

1 Like

Well I’ll just shut my mouth then, I went and double checked and you’re right.

My life is a lie dude

4 Likes

i work in a shop and i can tell you they are not haha

Wait until the level cap increase watch him become the best.

I feel for you. It would be nice to be able to run more than a couple choice weapons/builds. Since bosses are almost all resistant to freeze I find that route limiting. The easiest build is the unlimited ammo scourge one that’s getting good results. I run my own version but with facepuncher on the clone, you get unlimited ammo cutpurse mod artifact and fast max terror stacks.(25%chance to get terror on melee attack). Any weapon can work just choosing between playing dirty ( slow high damage weapons) and violent violence. (Fast low dam /multiple shot ). The basic gear is easy to get facepuncher/cutpurse artifact and a big dam weapon like scourge. The proc terror on melee/sentinel gains life steal and such gear can take a while but can also wait. I do slaughter star at m3 with this build ( good gear, not optimized yet) and get to round 5 easy but now all the badass ghosts are just tough to deal with since scourge won’t fire at them. My amara is stronger but my Zane is a lot more fun than fl4k.