Zer0's love life

When you finish Kawagawa in his Zer0 suit and you’re hanging out with Ryhs and Zer0, at one point Zer0 is musing about how Kawa duplicated his suit, he says “Did she…”.
Hm.
What this implies to me is that sometime in the recent past Zer0 was in close enough proximity to a she and that she could have stolen the secrets of his suit.
Perhaps, even, his suit was off and she had an accomplice investigate that suit while he was, um, Zer0ing that entity.
Zer0 the Lover Boy.
This does raise the question of what species a She suitable for him would be, and if we can tell the difference between he and she Zer0s. Maybe one of the BL2 assassins is a she?
–RoA

1 Like

Weren’t all the Lance Assassins female? I seem to recall that for some reason.

4 Likes

BL1 and Athena,…

Fl4k also recognizes Zer0 if there is any correlation there either.

3 Likes

I saw another thread here that talked alot about Fl4k and Zero’s connection, the original thread post was trying to figure out Fl4k’s origin. They ended up talking about this topic and some thought katagowa’s sister may have been the she he referenced as an alternative to another Lance assassin.

3 Likes

Interesting, I always understood it like one of the Assassins (Zero, One etc.) maybe betrayed? Zer0 because they didn’t came along or she was working with Maliwan. Also see what @megadethwm said.

Yes but Zer0 isn’t human and has only 4 fingers and probably toes(judging by the weird split in his shoes) so I strongly doubt that Zer0 is an ex Lance Assassin or is female because of this (which still would be possible)

Which I find really strange because FL4K is an “Indexing Unit” and we still don’t know why they went sentient in the first place… but this implies (once again) that Zer0 might be a mechanical construct. Maybe Zer0 once did a mission for the “librarian” FL4K used to work for?

The real question is does Zer0/FL4K have ties to Maliwan given that his Haiku and Katagawas whole family have a strong japanese theme going for them. We don’t really know if this is also true for Maliwan as a whole.

Edit: Or maybe Zer0 is another surviving member of the Katagawas? Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Now you’re being speciesist :slight_smile:
There is no reason why certain species might or do enjoy dalliances with members of other species, so to me the Atlas assassin crew is certainly a possibility.
–RoA

Hey they’re talking about my theories still!
I’m still holding out for more Maliwan lore, but until then I’m going with Zer0 as a Maliwan assassin and that “she” as the sister in the Lectra City side mission. Experimental zer0-tech exosuit under that crimson Lance uniform perhaps

1 Like

I didn’t meant it that way but given the fact that Zer0 is visuel quite different to a human I doubt that the Lance assassins(atleast the ones we fought) weren’t human( compare armors)

Also remember that aside from Eridians we never seen or even heard of any other species. This together with the fact that all Lance Assassins are trained from childhood and that Athena used to be the best of them and problably knows them or alot of them, I would find it highly unlikely that she wouldn’t tell things like"You know one of the girls I grew up with was a real alien :open_mouth:" You know what I mean? Obviously I just work with what little info we have about them and yes I know you didn’t meant that serious :wink:

2 Likes

If I could interject, katagawa junior makes this point moot. If zer0’s suit is unwearable by a human, then katagawa should not have been able to wear his identical rip-off model.

From what I understand that is simply a risk involved with robots in the Borderlands universe. In Borderlands 2 there was a segment that had you fight through a Hyperion base that had loudspeaker announcements prompting any Loaders that had gained sentience to sign up for deconstruction. The fact that we do encounter a few sentient Loaders throughout the Series seems to confirm that this is just a thing that can happen.
It might have to do with learning AI.

2 Likes

So what is known is Zer0 is recognized as a male, and he seems to have an interest in Lorelai, who is non-binary so he obviously is open to more than just women. It’s unlikely that he is human, given the odd fingers and toes division he has. Though he could be missing appendages rather easily if he is human, and he has some sort of relation with Fl4k in the past, to what end is unknown, so it’s possible that Zer0 is a synthetic creature, cyborg or AI. His association with Zane shows he likely lives/lived a similar lifestyle, so he may have a rather extensive love life. Oh and he friend-zoned Rhys.

3 Likes

This is true although I would like to point out that 1. Katagawas Jr. suit is just a reskin of Zer0s and 2. Bl3 isn’t exactly a prime example of continuity and hinting at things through the visuals/environment alteast not as much like past titles.

That might be true although others like the Claptrap line were specifically build that way. They were used to welcome new settlers. Before Handsome Jack Hyperion was, besides weapons largely a tourism company :laughing:

Actually it seems that Handsome Jack somehow suppressed their AI because in TPS/TftB it is ouright stated that Loaders went sentient after he died.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the point. Unless suppressed, the AI will eventually go sentient. I’d assume that people just didn’t pay enough attention to Fl4k and what they might have been reading.

1 Like

Doesn’t the Maliwan Zer0 model actually have five fingers? So not an identical copy…but it’s been awhile since I played that mission so I could be misremembering it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

best image i could find, looks like 3 fingers and a thumb. maybe 2 of his fingers are bound together?

2 Likes

Yeah I remember seeing that and it made me wonder if Zero’s tech was somehow symbiotic to living organisms.
But I’m not much of a lore buff.

1 Like

Sorry in advance If I completely misread your post.

I thought you were saying that all robots in the Borderlands universe can become sentient at any time. So what I was trying to show was that some robots like Claptraps are very human like from the beginning and that Loaders also seemed to be sentient from the beginning till Handsome Jack made them into mindless slaves. So I don’t think that this is just some randomly occuring phenomenon that can happen to every robot at one point.

Sorry again if I’m still misunderstanding you :smile:

1 Like

Well, I guess it depends. Some robots do of course have an inherent amount of personality like the Claptraps. But I do think that there is a possibility for other robots to gain sentience as long as their AI is advanced enough. To be fair, I’m still not 100% sold on the “Loaders always have a personality” argument because most Loaders you encounter throughout the games don’t have one.

2 Likes

Ich denke das Zero und Zane die Agenten sind aber für welche Firma? Das sei dahingestellt, es ist Und bleibt ein doppelspiel denke ich zum guten. Totungslisten in Zer00 und Zanes Sache im Spiel mit Kopfgeld Postern weisen für mich darauf hin… Die Übersetzung ins Englische ist immer noch schlecht… Grüße an die Mods

1 Like